Taransay course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
I did his 3 day course, the guys that runs it is Alan Finlay. Good guy, quite laid back but very competent. A full week with him would be good especially with all the things he has lined up to do. I'd go on it you'd learn a lot.

Cheers,

Alan

PS no connection other than previous customer.

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
Hi Faca

Taransay's a lovely place ive been twice with my work. However im not sure its ideal as a Bushcraft course venue.

All the equipment, fuel and most of the food will have to be transported to the island as there are little natural resources for you to learn about as the island is mostly covered in heather and grass.

I guess it depends on what you want from your experience, as a wilderness venue on the edge of Europe its second to none but in terms of learning hard skills at the source IMO its not a good choice.

I can't comment on the actual skills covered or quality of instruction having not been on one of the courses.

cheers Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE