Tamarack heads up - Alan Wood knives

W

waldorf

Any chance of a pic or some details?
There is no info on the site.

Thanks

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
They only arrived today...Mike was literally unpacking them as I walked in the shop. If you are the e newsletter list, you'll be getting an email soon about these - but TBH I don't think they will be around long enough to hit the website!

3 of the 7 were to Tamarack's own design and 4 were Alan's IIRC. I bought one of the Tamarack design, as I've seen Mike using his on a number of occassions and really like the look and feel of it.

SWMBO is out with the camera at the moment, when she gets back I'll take a few piccies and post them.

Since getting home, I've made a few feather sticks and am VERY impressed with how the knife handles..just need to get it outdoors and give it a proper trial now.

Simon

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I think this is a special heads up to subscribers of Tamarak emails ~ like the notification of an impending (and iminent) clearance sale. As yet, there's nothing to be seen (of either) on their website ;).

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
2c7478cc.jpg

:bigok:

W

waldorf

Is that one of the new ones Andy? What are the dimensions? Is it 01?
Cheers

AndyP

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 30, 2005
Staffs
Is that one of the new ones Andy? What are the dimensions? Is it 01?
Cheers

Hiya mate.

Thats the official picture from Tamarack.. No info on blade steel or size as yet.

Not sure if that's Alan's or Mikes design but the last batch that they had (Tamarack X) had a clip point blade.

83f75e84.jpg

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
The Tamarack design IS a clip point blade as shown in the Tamarack X picture above. This new batch doesn't have the "X" but is etched with "Tamarack" and AW's makers mark.

01 steel
Blade thickness 3mm
Blade length 9cm
Handle length 10.5cm

Simon

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE