Tactical/Assault vest and a rucksack.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Murlock

May 28, 2010
Rushden,Northants
ok... a few mins research and i can confirm the rocket paks to be 15lt in size and compatible with current yokes. I cant find the dimensions unfortunatley.

one thing i do notice however is that the vest im buying is full molle across the back and has no zips just 4 male QR clips 2 top 2 bottom. not sure if plce side pouches have 1 or 2 females on them.

does that help you at all?

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
yes that makes life much easer if you can do without the zipps ? The issue ones come with 4 males on the pouch so it can be clipped top and bottom to the issue bergen ,I presume you want them in the larger 15ltr capacity ?

Do you want one or 2 pouches ?

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
well if i do it to twice the size of an issue sack you would get 20ltrs ,im prity sure you can fit 2 to the back of the vest how many clips does it have on the top of the vest ? is it one on each shoulder or 2 ?

£25+ p&p ?

Murlock

May 28, 2010
Rushden,Northants
Looks to be only 2 males top and 2 males bottom. there is also molle horizontal banding all the way down the back... im wondering if the QR clips will be able to take the weight of a 20 lt pouch..

is it possible to have some vertical molle webbing straps fitted as well? that would probably help with the load capabilty.
Or perhaps even a custom 30 lt pack if your skills could accommodate that of course.

Am i asking too much?
just that ive not seen anything like that available on the web. all the molle packs have shoulder straps on them which will make vest pouch placement critical.
if you could build a custom 30 lt molle pouch that would be simply amazing. then i could add 2 large utility molle pouches on the side of the pack to add a few more storage points.

I know i know im a fussy bugger but like they say..... Do it right then you only do it once :)

many thx for your help so far :)

M.

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
I was just going to say lets take this to the PMs but the realised it your thread so ill crack on :)

yeah i can do what ever you want mate ! if you want a 30ltr pouch done in the molle style then thats fine are you sure you want it vertical and not horizontal ? (the stitching is vertical however )
ive just looked again at the ebay link of the battle vest and it appears to only have one clip in each corner ,like you say would be asking alot to hang 30ltrs of kit fom 2 clips . but i could moddify that and might be best to send me the back panel so I can get it exactly right right

how would you like the lid ? zipped like the issue pouch or mire conventional style ? with the side release buckles or one large 50mm one dutch day sack style ?

Murlock

May 28, 2010
Rushden,Northants
Double clips on the lid methinks would be best but if you can think of a way to get a better looking lid feel free to change that.
30 lts would be fine.
the pouch style system of bands capable of threading through the molle on the vest rear as well as 4 female QR's would be awesome. weight issue solved :p
added molle banding on the pack the same direction as the vest has to give space for water bottle pouches on the sides is pretty much the icing on the cake.

if you want to chat realtime ill pm you with my msn addy so you can add me to messenger (if you use it of course).
vest has not arrived yet. expecting it tuesday/wednesday next week but im sure i can post the back to you for that made to measure one-off effect.

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
arh ok i dont have MSN but I have skype ?

yeah double 25mm clips is fine as ive just remembered i dont have 50mm wide webbing in Tan ,so that works for me

so you also want molle on the front of the pouch also ?

Last edited:

Murlock

May 28, 2010
Rushden,Northants
hmm don't use Skype unfortunately :(

not sure if molle on the front would be practical as im thinking it will pull the front out of the lid if added pouches are too heavy.

You might be able to address that, if so then fire away an slap it on. :p

Perhaps the addition of QR's underneath to connect to a snugpak response pak? if possible of course. as i have one of those coming in the next few weeks..
Im pretty sure they use the same size clips as the Bergen pouches. But im not sure on the spacing of them. Apparently they will connect to the base of the rocket pak and a few of their other rucksacks as well as having a belt on them.
Thats not a massive deal though so dont waste any time on it if its a P.I.T.A :p
Im hoping that and a "vest of many pockets" (possible trademark there?) :p will cover the majority of the things i will need for a night or 2 out if carefully prepared of course.
the fact it will be well attached to me is important as i ruptured my second lumbar disk last year and im trying to keep any weight close to my body on front and rear and as bounce free as possible.
it saves on aches and pains as im about as fit as im likely to get now (about 95%)

thx again for your time and consideration.

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
yeah no probs however we might struggle to get the 30 ltr capacity exact ,but if i make it as deep as an issue pouch but wider and a little taller

That way it would conform to your body better but, I could make the pouch in the exact shape of the back pannel and stitch it straight to the back panel rather than have it detachable but i suppose you would loose the versitility then ?

Murlock

May 28, 2010
Rushden,Northants
close enough to 30 without making it an impractical size or shape will do fine for me m8. ill leave the details down to your discretion as it seems you are nearly as interested in this as i am lol.

removable is best for the job i think. the molle banding on the back of it should hold it nice and snug if theres say 3 or 4 of them

obviously as this has now evolved from a fairly ordinary 15 lt pouch to a bespoke molle pack its going to use more materials. what would the revised price be for that?

Regards,
M.

Last edited:

the laird

Tenderfoot
May 23, 2006
DK
Just bought a Molle Desert cam genuine NSN vest and 13 pouches from ebay. nicely priced at £32 delivered.

Its desert cam but what the heck. At that price for high quality kit it will do nicely :)

Thanks to all that have commented :) im glad that im not the only one that likes that modular layout :) though i was going mad there for a bit :p

i guess it will take a while to find out what goes where kit wise but im looking forward to it.. i do love a challenge LOL

it was £32 delivered!!!,the one Ive just looked at they wanted £39.99 postage,I could by Platatac for that money

IMOM

Tenderfoot
May 8, 2010
Living the dream
I like bespoke ,much more interesting than mass production !

depends on wether you want a "snow chute " on the top of the pouch or a standard box lid will suffice , i would imagine some sort of draw string on the top would be good or i could put velcro round the top of the pouch to stop any kit leaking out ,depends on ehat you intend to carry in it i suppose ? will it be clothes/spft materials bits and bobs that might leak out the side so to speak ?

well consodering its a one off and if you go for the " snow chute " (extra work for me )£35+p&p

Murlock

May 28, 2010
Rushden,Northants
i think i will leave that to your better judgement to be honest you obviously have a really good idea of what im looking for quality and design wise.
mainly clothes food and cooking kit going in it with hammock/tarp, bivvy bag. SB liner not 100% sure so far. finding a good layout is going to be as great a challenge as you are undertaking i think :p
modular flexibilty is the key :)

price sounds excellent by the way :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE