Swiss Army Trout

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
It looks like someone caught it and was attempting to gut it. Seems happy enough though. Probably got a headache

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Disgusting. Not funny and no need, the useless individual responsible should be banned from owning a rod. I've dispatched plenty of trout properly with a priest- not difficult and even though it's only a fish you owe it to at least kill it humanely.

rorymax

Settler
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
I am going to hazard a guess and suggest that fish was never landed.

Someone pushes the short blade into a stick or pole to make a spear, fish is spiked with the long blade, fish pulls away and the short blade detaches from the spear.

With a bit of luck that fish may somehow dislodge the knife.

rorymax

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
I am going to hazard a guess and suggest that fish was never landed.

Someone pushes the short blade into a stick or pole to make a spear, fish is spiked with the long blade, fish pulls away and the short blade detaches from the spear.

With a bit of luck that fish may somehow dislodge the knife.

rorymax
Round of applause, that's a very good hypothesis, and cleverer than I am

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
Perhaps the knife was dropped from a bridge by a hiker who was opening a packet of Edam cheese. The fish was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
Robbie et al whilst I've been making light of it, I'm not advocating cruelty to animals. At least the stupid Sod lost his SAK which is at least something. I'm frankly amazed it's still able to swim.

Ruud

Jun 29, 2012
Belgium
www.rudecheers.wordpress.com
These animals are hard as nails, I've seen a lot of them with parts missing after being sneaked upon by herons.
Once again proof that it is a bad idea to use your knife as a spear (you have a knife, point a stick with it, don't let the blade be the pointy bit)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE