Swedish military survival bags - Anyone use one?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Injati

Tenderfoot
Sep 13, 2004
Schleswig-Holstein
Ridge runner, sorry but you are 6 foot 4 and the bag is only 72". Now if my maths is correct then that means that this bag is only in the region of 6 foot to 6 foot 2, so you are not gonna be able to fit in completely. And like Viking pointed out, it's a bit on the heavy side at 6lbs.

Hope this helps :wink: :roll:

ChrisKavanaugh

Need to contact Admin...
I believe a primer on surplus is in order. The worlds militaries surplus gear because of A. obsolescence B. excess quantities C. unit wear below acceptable standards or repair D. near/expiration of service life and any combination of all. In addition there is a industry of copied gear. When you pick up a catalog they will refer to surplus as New, Excellent, good and perhaps mention repairs. Copies will be refered to rather coyly as military type, equivelent or style. In my experience anything less than new or excellent has a grand chance of being returned as unserviceable. This is especially so with clothing, sleeping bags and tents. Some gear of more durable nature may be rated good because of dents or simple grime and are worth while.Copied gear is very often junk. Some companies who are MILSPEC suppliers may offer contract overruns or seperate production runs of like quality. Otherwise you are likely getting a chinese made knockoff. I was never so horrified as to order several G.I. anglehead flashlights- themselves no benchmark of quality, and found even these could be cheapened. I patronised Sportman's Guide at one time. Their service was decent, but I found issue with blatant mistatements venturing into the political/issue arena. I politely questioned said comments and found they didn't feel my repeat patronage enough to merit the courtesy of reply. Very few items are unique to one vendor, regardless of their adventure stories about finding your treasure in a Nazi era salt mine. The prices vary widely, some make more money on S/H than the markup, and in the end yu need to find somebody who understands the concept of SERVICE.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE