Swedish Carving techniques

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
I'm getting into my spoon carving, and have been told that Wille Sundquist's Swedish Carving techniques book is the one to have. Problem is, it's out of print, costs more than £100 from amazon & the library can't get hold of a copy :(

Is it really "that" good? Has this ever been released in ebook form?

Sent from myPhone

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I'm getting into my spoon carving, and have been told that Wille Sundquist's Swedish Carving techniques book is the one to have. Problem is, it's out of print, costs more than £100 from amazon & the library can't get hold of a copy :(

Is it really "that" good? Has this ever been released in ebook form?

Sent from myPhone

yes
no

The companion video that came out with the book in '91 is available and good by Jogge Sundqvist.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
Thanks Robin, I'll look out for the video instead. Are there any other spoon books, in a similar vein, you could recommend?

Are you any nearer getting yours finished?

Sent from myPhone

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
probably best value is Drew Langsners green woodworking which has a chapter on carving plus plenty of other interesting stuff. Most copies in the US but cheap enough to get shipped.
No promises on my book I am just hugely pulled out with my Heritage Crafts Association voluntary work.

Trunks

May 31, 2008
Haworth
probably best value is Drew Langsners green woodworking which has a chapter on carving plus plenty of other interesting stuff. Most copies in the US but cheap enough to get shipped.
No promises on my book I am just hugely pulled out with my Heritage Crafts Association voluntary work.

Thanks Robin, I've ordered a copy of langsners book :)

Sent from myPhone

Schwert

Settler
Apr 30, 2004
Seattle WA USA
If you can ever find Wille's book grab it...at almost any cost. It really is worth it.

Another to watch for is also out of print...not in the same technique rich way as Wille, but with a load of excellent images and project ideas:

Gert Ljungberg, Inger A:son-Ljungberg,; Carving & Whittling in the Swedish Style, 1995.

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
I have just found out that it may be being reprinted to coinside with a new dvd from the Sundqvist's, on release date yet though.
Carving swedish woodwear is a good dvd to get

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE