Swedish barrel knife find

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
I have been looking for a barrel knife for a few years now and had no luck even in Swedish junk shops and yard sales. Ebay used to have them but even then they went for silly money. Anyhoo at a Gamefair on Sunday when my wife says she has found one on a stall.
So now at last I have one in my collection and after a quick clean up I am well chuffed. Plus its our eleventh wedding anniversary in a few weeks which is steel so rather a fiitting present. For me I might add.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Riven.

Attachments

• IMG_2970.jpg
    IMG_2970.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 206
  • IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 207

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
What a coincidence; following on from this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135670&highlight=swedish+barrel+knife I've just received a new blade for mine from Hillbill of this parish, he's made a replacement for the broken one. I've got urgent family business to attend to at the moment and as soon as that has resolved itself I'll be fitting the new one and I'll be sure to post a blow by blow account.

Is yours the full-size job or the smaller one? I'm very pleased to have mine, I've always wanted one :)

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
In reply Macaroon its a 5 inch barrel which in total length is about the same as my wooden handled Mora. Would have preferred a 3 inch for portability but it was too good to pass up. Blade sharpens up very easily and very well designed and built for its age.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
In reply Macaroon its a 5 inch barrel which in total length is about the same as my wooden handled Mora. Would have preferred a 3 inch for portability but it was too good to pass up. Blade sharpens up very easily and very well designed and built for its age.

Thanks for the reply; mine is the 3" barrel, which as you say is so neck and pocket friendly. I'm really looking forward to pinning on my sheep's foot blade and using it :)

Riven

Dec 23, 2006
England
I am curious too Janne. Shame they are not made anymore I imagine they would sell pretty well.
Anyone know anymore about them?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE