Swedish Army Ullfrotte wool jacket-any users?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
I was wondering if anyone has ever ran across the Ullfrotte wool jacket that the military in Sweden uses. I came across these on the web but its mainly surplus stores in Sweden that sell them.

Has anyone ever tried these and are they a 400g or 600g weight?

cheers.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I don't know if it differs from the Ullfrotte Woolpower ones that are sold to civilians? I can vouch for these, a 200g with a 600g top makes for a very flexible and cosy outfit, I usually wear mine in Scottish and Hungarian winters however I have used them in Arctic Sweden at -35 to -40 and they were great.
:)

big_swede

Native
Sep 22, 2006
W Yorkshire
I was wondering if anyone has ever ran across the Ullfrotte wool jacket that the military in Sweden uses. I came across these on the web but its mainly surplus stores in Sweden that sell them.

Has anyone ever tried these and are they a 400g or 600g weight?

cheers.

I've used a few during service. They are 400 gr/m I think. They're 80/20 wool/PA, which means they'll hold up longer. The army had a lot of trouble with soldiers 'loosing' them because they were so comfortable.

Monk

Forager
Jun 20, 2004
outandabout
Thanks, fellows.

big_swede,
you mention you used a few of these jackets-how hardwearing are the jackets? Were you wearing them to pieces?

Thanks!

Gonzo

Nov 12, 2014
Wales
They are available from Ray Mears' website and Lissom & Muster in Manchester. I bought a 400g jacket but had to send it back as I'm 6'4" and sleeves were a tad short for my monkey arms :)
Well made though (there is the name of the individual seamstress stitched in to each one), ethical company and lovely warm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE