Swedish Army Trangia

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
I just bought one myself and try to figure it out.
Is it right to put the burner on the ground and simply put windshield/pot over it? Or do I miss some possibility of suspending the burner inside, as it is usual in the civilian one.
Sorry for bothering you with this stupid question, but I am not sure if I did it right.

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
hello mate :)
there are no stupid questions,( but maybe the odd stupid answer :D)
I think you are right about just putting the burner on the ground, that is what i do and it works fine. You then use the fold-out silver wire type things insiide the wind shield as a pot stand.
hope thet helps :)

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
happy camper said:
hello mate :)
there are no stupid questions,( but maybe the odd stupid answer :D)
I think you are right about just putting the burner on the ground, that is what i do and it works fine. You then use the fold-out silver wire type things insiide the wind shield as a pot stand.
hope thet helps :)

....Then, when you have finished cooking, you can lift the windshield/pot-stand off the burner using a fork or similar - then put the flame out without having to clown around inside the windshield.

ATB

Ogri the trog

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
hello again :)
just remembered another difference between the swedish army and civilian model.. there is no seperate simmer ring for you to put the burner out with. You can melt the rubber seal inside the lid when you use it to put the flame out, so it's worth removing the rubber ring before you do this and let the burner cool a bit before replacing the seal.

happy camper

Nomad
May 28, 2005
Scotland
:lmao: yeah, both easier and obvious now that you mention it, with far less chance of losing the seal.
for some reason i didn't think that would work because the holes around the edge of the burner are a bit below the rim, i just tried it though and it works a treat :D

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
It is easier with the Swedish set as you can lift the windshield and place it properly but a bit hit and miss trying to reach into the windshield of a civvy version! Occasional bad words when it falls off with the trangia still burning. :rolleyes:
Occasionaly it doesnt go out completely just takes a little blow to put out the bit of flame that escapes.

oetzi

Settler
Apr 25, 2005
below Frankenstein castle
Thanks for all the answers!
Having not served anywhere I wasnt sure whether I did it right, wrong or the army way :)
I mainly bought it out of curiosity (only € 7,50), because selling outdoor-gear for a living means that I nearly drown in all the stuff having accumulated over the last twenty years.

Oct 12, 2005
north oxon
Great stove can be used any where but in snow - true. If you set the stove up on snow it cools the base , so it won't warm up. You need to set it on a rock or wood etc or an old Volvo will do at a pinch.

C

cossack

Bought swedish army trangia on recent group buy worked out at under £10 with postage, current price for Civvy Trangia (not chinese copy) currently approx £45.
Army ones far better made, and being steel less easy to damage - important as I use them with cadet forces that usually manage to break or lose anything you give them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE