Swedish Army Surplus Trangia Stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

harrydocuk

Jul 5, 2011
n.ireland
hi all,
just new here im harry live in n. Ireland.
i have just sent for a Swedish Army Surplus Trangia Stove , can anyone tell me if you can get a simmer ring for this stove.
have seen some but have heard they don't fit this stove as none were ever made for it.
can anyone advice me please, also seen somewhere that a Tatonka simmer ring will fit.
thanks in advance.

kard133

Mar 20, 2010
Bath
There isn't a simmer ring made for this stove. However you could use the lower half of a coke can or similar with a percentage of the base material cut out ( about half, or whatever you feel is right), or use any other Trangia type burner with a simmer ring. I myself use a Tatonka burner but haven't tried its simmer ring on the Army burner, as the Tatonka is lighter and blooms faster. Hope this helps.

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
Or you could swap in a civi Trangia burner. I've heard they have better fire-up time too.

I've seen plenty of tests between the SAT and the Civi and owned them both myself and the Civi is definitely the better. Faster bloom time, lighter and boils faster too :)

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Hi,
The Takonka simmer ring does fit the army Trangia burner really well - just tried it - but I haven't actually tested it whilst cooking so can't say if it is effective.

I tend to use the Tatonka burner in the cooker rather than the original burner.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
Hi again,
Just tested the Tatonka simmer ring with the SA burner to do some cooking at home. Seems to work well - a little fiddly to move the position of the ring when its in the windshield, but effective nonetheless.
Recommended!

The civvy or Tatonka burners are still better than the SA one though.
Best wishes!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE