sweden

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
Evening all
my partner and I have booked ourselves to go the sweden next year in September to canoe camp with bushcraft skills thrown in.
it's a great opportunity and we're excited to say the least.
so my question is any advicr tips and kit you would recommend.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
September. Even in Dalsland/Värmlsnd expect temperatures down to 0C or so, further north, in particular towards the end of September you could get even lower temps. And as Chris said: plan for rain.

One suggestion is to follow your choosen region in one of the web weather services this year, that gves uou an idea what to expect next year (I like the Norwegian http://yr.no service, but smhi.se is pretty good too).

One advantage of September is that most peoples holidays are over, so there will be less people out and about. Unlrss you go in the northern parts of Sweden, when moose hunting starts first week of September (first week of October in the southern half), and thus gives you lots of hunters. No real danger to you, but expect slightly annoyed hunters when you mess up their plans by disturbing the game.

Last edited:

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
It's a English company organising the trip.breakfast and dinner provide.just need to supply our own lunch

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
It's a English company organising the trip.breakfast and dinner provide.just need to supply our own lunch

Sounds like it will be good then :) I love the place. I've been back and forth to Sweden on and off for 30 years, mainly Stockholm, Gustavsberg, Karlskrona etc for work, and my English colleagues usually mention the prices of things. But that is often eating out and drinks, so not really such an impact for a bushy trip!

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Ade
Your usual bushcraft gear for the UK autumn, early winter, will be sufficient pal.

Dry bags for all your gear, unless they are providing barrels. I'd still dry bag it anyway personally.

Also, being on the waters edge, remember a mosi net for the hammock, if you're using one, and some insect repellent for you and your clothing (non-DEET). A head net may be a good idea just in case too.

I'd also strongly suggest getting eco friendly washing products to help keep the water as clean as it currently is.

Jason will most likely be providing you a kit list, if not just ask him for one.

A.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

adestu

Native
Jan 19, 2010
swindon
cheers andy
yep were going to get a couple dd hamocks with nets.getting them soon as if not in the tipi we'll be in them

forestwalker

Also, being on the waters edge, remember a mosi net for the hammock, if you're using one, and some insect repellent for you and your clothing (non-DEET). A head net may be a good idea just in case too.

Honestly, by September there should not be too many mosquitos out. Some, but the worst period is over. Still, at least for the night make sure to have a net (hammock, tent or one that will go under your tarp).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE