Sweden! Good places?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 8, 2006
Netherlands
Hi,

I'm leaving to Sweden in 2 weeks for 2 months.
And I was wondering if any of you people know some great places out there in the wild. Need to survival!

:You_Rock_

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Well the Sarek national park is probably one of the largest remaining truely wild and "untouched" areas of land left in Sweden. Depends how wild you really mean. I've never been there mind you, just heard and read about it. http://www.internat.naturvardsverke.../documents/nature/engpark/eparkdoc/esarek.htm

Alternatively, we went to the Varmland area near Arjang in June, which was pretty spectacular imo. The lake systems there are probably best explored by canoe.

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
You can go to Dals Ed in Dalsland, just close to the norwegian border. Just about 70km SSW of Årjäng. Lots of small lakes, a nice nature reserve and still nice weather, though it rained today. You could probably "survive" anywhere you want in the forest. If you are sneaky you might even contact the tourist school www.utsikten.info for information on good places. There are lots of nice places to stay at, lots of shelters close by lakes where you can stay if you want. You walk for some hours and then you are out in the wild but still quite close to the normal world... and the medevac helo is just 30 minutes away
mail me for questions nicklas.odh@dalsed.se

Another place is Tiveden, north of Karlsborg, yes its the Karlsborg Ray Mears met up with Lars Fält. There might even be survival classes if you want to take part in an organised one. www.karlsborg.se

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
It all depends on what you want to do, hiking, canoeing, fishing, climbing, bushcrafting...

There is so many places to go to and many has their own little places were they go to. Just outside the big city of gothenburg you can find places that are totally silent and were you will not see any people.

The best place I know is Sarek if you just want to feel alone and experience beatiful nature I would recommend the fjells and especailly Sarek. It is a 2 day hike to get in to the national park or you can ride with a chopper in. But then you will miss the beauty of the untouched forest were it grows more flowers and plants then I ever seen before. When you finally get up to the fjells you will probably not see anyone until you go out again. If you are int o birdwatching you will see and hear lots of birds and will probably also see some reindeers, but if you o down to Rapadalen you can get the chance to see the giant elks, lynx, bear and many more animals that live down there.
But to hike in Sarek it take some experience in the fjells becasue you can easily get caught in a storm and get experinces that you don´t want.

But you can always live on one of the Stations and do dayhikes out onto the fjell, Saltoloukta is a really good one that serves 3 course meal every eveneing (highly recommended) and have the best sauna wiev in the world.

You can see some picture of my visit there earlier this summer
http://www.nordicbushcraft.com/privat/sarek06

But if you want to do bushcraft or survival I would recommend you to take a course in survival/bushcraft in Sweden were you will be able to cut down tree´s forage for edible plants and learn more of what you ca and can´t do in the swedihs forests.

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
falcon said:
Great pics Johan....looks a great place. Good advice too.....are you coming over for the WG ?

Hi Falcon!

It was a really great place, did not want to leave it. But I will go back next year to discover a new part of Sarek.
Hopefully I will come over to the WG and once again sit around the campfire and listen to some good stories and have a good laugh (and drink loads of beer).

Found some pics of saltoloukta fjell station

View from the Sauna
bastuutsikt.jpg

Resturant in 1918
restaurang%201918.JPG

Resturant in 2005, not much changes in this place...
restaurang%202005.JPG

The perfect place for a late coffe (or someting stronger)
entrékväll.JPG

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE