Swap rations for snacks

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Back in February I had some major stomach surgery and now have a 200ml stomach pouch. That means I can no longer eat more than about 150 grams or drink more than 150ml at a sitting.
I have reduced my diet to dried fruit, biscuits, cheese, milk, and oats. Most other food things I no longer have any taste or desire for. It does make cooking very easy - I don't bother beyond boiling water - and I am reducing my kit accordingly. I now cycle more than walk and use cafes for lattes and carry the rest myself, grazing every hour to hour and a half.
Weaned on Rat Packs in the '60's I can now only eat the fruit biscuit, brown biscuits, cheese spread and various oatmeal blocks so I'd like to swap some main meals for those items if anybody is interested.

I have 2 vegetable tikka maslas, 2 potato and beans, 3 non meat sausage and beans, 4 treacle puddings and two rice puddings (I could eat the rice puds but the quantity is too much and they ain't practical to reseal).
From US MRE's I have 1 Cheese Tortellini in Tomato Sauce, 1 Veggie Burger in Barbecue sauce and 1 Vegetable Manicotti. Each of the MRE packs comes with its heating pouch.
I can eat just about any of the MRE small packets of Pound Cake, Brownies, etc

Anybody interested in some swaps for those smaller Rat Pack and MRE items that I can still manage, please?

Ralph

Forager
Oct 31, 2005
lost
I'm sorry to hear about that nobby, but I'm glad your seeming to cope with it well.
Are you hoping for just general snacky foodstuffs or outdoorsy type?

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
I'm to hear about that nobby, but I'm glad your seeming to cope with it well.
Are you hoping for just general snacky foodstuffs or outdoorsy type?

Thanks Ralph
It is actually been a huge improvement in my life; I am now free of diabetes.
I'd like to swap for the smaller items from Rat packs or MRE's; the ones I can still manage.

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
Fella I have about 4 - 5 of the Brit ratpacks "Fruit Biscuits" PM your address and I'll get them in the post to you, I detest them with a passion. I'll have a few bits from the Yanks ratpacks what ever you deem suitable. Hope the recovery goes well.

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
Fella I have about 4 - 5 of the Brit ratpacks "Fruit Biscuits" PM your address and I'll get them in the post to you, I detest them with a passion. I'll have a few bits from the Yanks ratpacks what ever you deem suitable. Hope the recovery goes well.

Cheers Scoman - PM sent
Let me know what you want of mine.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Got a load of the brown biscuits here that you are more than welcome to, PM your addy to me and i'll get em in the post to you free gratis

ATB

nobby

Nomad
Jun 26, 2005
English Midlands
I'll have a route around - but I thikn I've just eaten the last of mine. Pity as I after some veggi RatPacks.

Hi
PM me with your address and I'll send you a couple. Maver is supplying me with brown biccies and oatcakes and wants nothing for them so you can benefit.
Tell me which you prefer.

Cheers

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE