Swanndri ranger shirts

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Truth be told I do not know but everyone who sees and/or feels the weight of this tells me the older ones are much better:
image_zps3jgtw4by.jpeg

K

Last edited:

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
No difference in quality, at all. The only difference i have found is the sizeing. The Chinese are better sized. I am a L in China (42)made, but XL in New Zealand made(42). Im a 42 chest, so think L is a true size 42 fit.
They are every bit as good.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Hmmm, I have a large NZ bush shirt, good fit and a large China Mosgiel bit too big. Could be the latter is meant to be a larger fit?

No. You are a M in the Chinese made. They are one size bigger. Check the tag on your NZ one, it will tell you, in cm its size. Check the Swanndri site for the chest size of the Chinese made ones. NZ large=Chinese medium.

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Thanks for the replies. Just wondered if the quality was different. Also size wise own a large in NZ size not a bit tight. New one will be XL

MikeLA

May 17, 2011
Northumberland
Weirdly I am a 45" inch chest but my shirt is a large 40-42 and fits reasonably well. That why I was wondering if i bought too small or xl will be to big. Hate being in the middle

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
If it helps I am...

Height 5'11"
Collar 16”
Chest 42”
Waist 34”

And I could comfortably a wear a NZ made Swanndri ranger in large or a Chinese Bushshirt in xl.

Also no doubt you have done your research but I found that the Bison Guide Shirt (I take a large) was superior to the Ranger in its wind resistance and comfort.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE