swallows in my workshop

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
I have swallows nesting in my workshop about 4 feet away from where I treadle my lathe. The finished laying and started sitting last week but were not happy sitting whilst I was working so my work schedule was a bit mixed up. I spent an hour turning then let them back in to sit whilst I got on with something else. Anyway seems like she has accepted me now and is happily sitting whilst I turn.

IMG_4167.jpg

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
In one of the linhays at work we had swallows starting to nest, but they got evicted by the pied wagtails, the mr kept on chasing the swallows off. Blue tits had a nest in the old wall nearby and in the other linhay there are wrens nesting in an old swallow nest...
They soon get used to you going by...

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Hmm,
Took this photo last year and I have to agree with Staghound - the amount of guano is astonishing - every time I tried to catch it on something, they'd just perch on the sides of that and spread the circle wider. This year I thought I had all the holes covered, alas they've found a way in and are busy giving every surface a fresh coat of dung.

IMG_0294Small.jpg

Theres were actually five of them but one would remain hidden whenever I got the camera out!

Ogri the trog

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE