Svord Peasant vs Svord Peasant Mini

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Is the Svord Peasant thicker than the Svord Peasant Mini?
If anyone has both, I'd be very grateful for some pics of them side by side, particularly a picture that shows the thickness of both blades.
I have a Svord Peasant Mini as a UK legal EDC, but if it has a heavier duty blade, then I'd be interested in getting the Svord Peasant and modifying it so it will be UK legal EDC . It looks like both are brilliant knives.
Thank you to all my fellow kit obsessed bushcrafters,
Will :theyareon

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
That's quite a difference in blade thickness. More than I thought. Well, Christmas is coming, so we'll have to see if I can persuade someone to get me one!
Thanks again for taking and uploading the pictures. :You_Rock_

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
If I were you, I'd buy the standard model and nip the blade a little. That way you get a premade full sized handle, thicker blade and a little project on your hands.

I can also thoroughly recommend getting a peasant knife, they are superb value for money and the steel used in the blades is probably my #1 favourite (L6 swede)!

If you can afford one, I'd say get the plastic handle. I know alot of people may disagree but I've found from experience the wood is so brittle and dry it is a tad risky trying anything drastic with it. I indeed broke my original wooden handles.. and had to replace them with something more suitable. So, the palstic ones are a perfect palce to start, they clean easily, they are tough and really practical.

Also, this way you have a good set of scales to get really filthy if you're out hunting, skinning etc and you can make your own wooden ones from a traceing of them for the mor fancy days out. :)

This is my walnut handled one..

And this is my pasltic handled one I take with me everywhere..

If you feel out of your depth with the modifying, send me a message and I can help you. :)

Atb mate, go and treat yourself! ;)

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
Thanks Samon,
I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. Do you think you could post instructions/advice on shortening the blade length to under 3 inches. In shortening it, I'd love to make it into a drop point like your pink one. (I'd PM you, but figured if it's on here, others who search for info on it might stumble across this thread :D ) I love my peasant mini, but would like a slightly thicker blade, and a larger handle. At work etc I carry a Victorinox Solo, but when out in the woods, I'd prefer something a little more meaty.
All the best,
Will

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Thanks Samon,
I think that's exactly what I'm going to do. Do you think you could post instructions/advice on shortening the blade length to under 3 inches. In shortening it, I'd love to make it into a drop point like your pink one. (I'd PM you, but figured if it's on here, others who search for info on it might stumble across this thread :D ) I love my peasant mini, but would like a slightly thicker blade, and a larger handle. At work etc I carry a Victorinox Solo, but when out in the woods, I'd prefer something a little more meaty.
All the best,
Will

Shortening it is really very simple. The tools you'll need are something to cut a bit of blade off and something to smooth the cut and blend it into the natural shape of the blade. Hacksaw/dremel tool for the cut and a file/sandpaper for the clean up!

Get a pen/pencil and draw the cut line onto the blade, cut above that line to leave enough steel for any mistakes etc and cut slowly if using a power tool. Dip the steel in cold water whenever it starts to get too warm to touch. Then use your file/sand paper to tidy up the cut and smooth it all out so it looks nice.

Like this..

Go slow and keep checking by eye your progress when cutting and shapeing the finished cut steel. Then you should have a clean, nicely modified knife.

If you need a little more info or assistence feel free to pm me dude. :)

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Thats another cracking mod there Sam, very nice smooth lines, doesn't look out of place at all!

Btw, the trace of your peasant arrived today, thanks very much mate, really appreciate it :)

Samon

Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Thats another cracking mod there Sam, very nice smooth lines, doesn't look out of place at all!

Btw, the trace of your peasant arrived today, thanks very much mate, really appreciate it :)

Ah! good to hear. :)

Lol I didn't have a decent pencil at hand so the pivot hole isn't perfect on the trace. I'm sure you can work with it just fine but I will be aquiring some decent pencils for the future! ;)

demographic

Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I'm a bit late to this thread as I saw it a while ago then forgot about it to today.

Anyway I don't know about the mini but my standard Peasant at the widest point of the blade measures 2.11mm according to my micrometer.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE