Sven Folding Bow-Saw

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I think I'd be inclined to spend just a little more and go for the Duluth Folding saw. Rather than being triangular in shape, it is a more conventional, four-sided one which gives you a greater cutting range through thicker material. And, if you're feeling really flush, you can buy a lovely saw case to put it in. I think you can get them from Tamarack Outdoor though they're probably available from other places too.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Make your own Elen - if a klutz like me can, anyone can!

Ta for the thought but you're a klutz with working fingers, wrists, arms and shoulders !!! I drop cups I've been holding 2-handed for a passtime. Nay, laddie, and I've got lots of fleeces to prepare, card and spin, stuff to knit for self and Hubby, a blanket smock to make, an underquilt to finish, a hammock chair to make, a tapestry loom to warp up and begin work on the back for a cloak, a red deer skin to make into a cloak, a garden to get going on, a novel to finish (& 3 more on the back-burner), a novel proposal to finsih and send off, a non-fiction proposal to finish and send off, students clamouring for feedback on their work, students coming for a day with me on Sat, a lecture to get ready for a couple of weeks hence, 4 more articles to write for big magazines ... and I'd like a bit of time with Hubby and the cats, and there's a couple of friends I've not managed to see yet this year, and there's a load of books I want to read, some fruit in the freezer that needs making into jam ... dhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!! And I'd like to get back to learning some more of spoon carving ...
:aargh4::banghead::surrender: :nana::rofl:

heath

Settler
Jan 20, 2006
Birmingham
Sounds like you have plenty of skill, it's the time you're lacking. I was going to second what British Red said, I've made one and it wasn't very difficult, far less difficult than carving a decent spoon. The joint doesn't need to be perfectly tight because the frame needs to move when you tension it.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sounds like you have plenty of skill, it's the time you're lacking. I was going to second what British Red said, I've made one and it wasn't very difficult, far less difficult than carving a decent spoon. The joint doesn't need to be perfectly tight because the frame needs to move when you tension it.

If I ever get my patent on the 72hr day going I'll give it a whirl! Was just looking at somebody's night out, how they set up a smashing cooking pot suspension probably knocked up with an axe in two shakes of a cat's flea, and thought I must make time to practice doing that! Sigh ... :lmao: but thank you both for the confidence-boost :D Oh and I still have a half-finished spoon to complete !!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE