Sussex BCUK meet for December: 13th/14h 2014 - Xmass dinner on a campfire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I've got plenty of damn Brussels sprouts and potatoes. I only have 3 small bags of charcoal so that's what we're lacking most importantly.
Remember to bring plates & serving spoons etc.

If I am coming by car I'll bring a sack of charcoal. If I am coming on the bike, I wont be able to unfortunately.

Julia, I'm sure someone will be able to help with your axe it's just that they are all far to modest to say.

Spandit, bring all the brussell sprouts you can. They'll make good catty ammo:)

Excellent.

Aah, the traditional method of checking the sprouts are cooked, shoot them at the chef, and if they hurt, they aren't cooked properly... :p

It's illegal to shoot cats Bill.

Yeah, no shooting the cats :p

J

Steven Tagg

Jul 12, 2014
West Sussex
Looking forward to tomorrow :)

I haven't got any charcoal but I'm bringing a bag of nice, dry wood which should come in handy.

Ordered some thermals but they haven't arrived yet. Fingers crossed, eh?! :)

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I'll be coming along tomorrow with th barrel, some charcoal, pigs in blankets, potatoes, sprouts, beef dripping, meat thermometer and serving tray.

We'll need foil and Dutch ovens to cook stuff in too.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I have a 7 and a 4 dutch oven here but the only turkey I could get was a medium sized one that is still a block of ice. If it is that way at 12 ish tomorrow then we may need to go shopping.

Apart from that the chute is up and we have a nice fire going so all is well.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
That's a dutchie for the spuds & another for more spuds! I have wrapped the pigs in foil so hopefully they can go directly on the fire. Will need something to boil veg in - I've only got a small 12cm billy unless we boil them in my giant kettle!

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
I'm hoping to arrive between 1200 and 1300 on saturday. I don't have a dutch oven, but do have a 14cm zebra I'm bringing, incase we need something bucket like for gravy, etc...

How close can we get vehicles to the pitch for drop off?

J

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Cooking in progress:

null_zps82759a5b.jpg

Chaps hard at work:

null_zps8cf6792d.jpg

null_zpsfd5e04e5.jpg

Pretty damn good if you ask me

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE