Sussex BCUK Meet fo JUNE: weekend of June 29th/30th on B17

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
please could someone let me know if this pitch is suitable for hammock, bivvy, tent or all,

The short answer is we dont know as it's the first time we have been on that pitch; we go to some of the more remote pitches during the summer when the main ones get busy. It's a forest so there will be trees to hang a hammock from but sometimes they are less of them than on other pitches. Spots for tents are not normally a problem... (resists the temptation to mention N1...)

As mentioned before, if Robin or Jack can collect the fees & pay the office before you leave that would be good; remember that I have already paid a £15 deposit for this meet, so that needs to come off the bill.

Last edited:

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
Well, so much for my New Year's aspiration to do a bushcraft meet every month. This'll be my first one this year! Just a Friday to Saturday afternoon for me this time. Bringing 2, well-behaved kids with me as well.

Regards to all

1 spandit, both nights
2 Jack, both nights I think, not cleared it with SWMBO
3 Loenja
4 Peter_t
5 monkey_boy, who will bring biscuits and cakes for everyone
6 Rico, hopefully one or maybe even both nights
7 Newbie, CelticHare
8 Dark Horse Dave + 2

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Are you going to make it back to another meet soon?

Hope to, just been really busy with the business, things have gone mad this year:).

I was hoping to get to the last one, but was working, the June one was never going to happen though as it's the same weekend as the F1 from Silverstone :)

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Hope to, just been really busy with the business, things have gone mad this year:).

I was hoping to get to the last one, but was working, the June one was never going to happen though as it's the same weekend as the F1 from Silverstone :)

Do hope you make it to the July one ... want to meet you :) ... and I need some spoon tuition as I'll my my specially made orford crook-knife by then. Being me with arthriticky hands, I need one with the blade in upside-down as Ben discovered with me yesterday :rolleyes: !!!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Do hope you make it to the July one ... want to meet you :) ... and I need some spoon tuition as I'll my my specially made orford crook-knife by then. Being me with arthriticky hands, I need one with the blade in upside-down as Ben discovered with me yesterday :rolleyes: !!!

Ive really no idea at the moment Elen, being seasonal work i need to make hay while the sun shines so to speak, im hoping to be there, but no promises.

Feb 17, 2012
Surbiton, Surrey
After the kind offer of a lift from Sam I will put myself provisionally subject to confirming a few dates with swmbo

1 spandit, both nights
3 Loenja
4 Peter_t
7 Newbie, CelticHare
8 Dark Horse Dave + 2
9 Hammock Hamster both nights

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Hoping to make this one so I am putting my name down for it anyway as I like Monkey boys biscuits.
Will try and bring some green wood for spoon carving.
1 spandit, both nights
3 Loenja
4 Peter_t
7 Newbie, CelticHare
8 Dark Horse Dave + 2
10 Hugo, hoping to go

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
After the kind offer of a lift from Sam I will put myself provisionally subject to confirming a few dates with swmbo

1 spandit, both nights
3 Loenja
4 Peter_t
7 Newbie, CelticHare
8 Dark Horse Dave + 2

The lift is there for you mate, if you enjoy it, which u probably will as the people that go are all the nicest bunch that don't mind sharing skill with each other :)

monkey boy

Jan 13, 2009
london
Hoping to make this one so I am putting my name down for it anyway as I like Monkey boys biscuits.
Will try and bring some green wood for spoon carving.
1 spandit, both nights
3 Loenja
4 Peter_t
7 Newbie, CelticHare
8 Dark Horse Dave + 2
10 Hugo, hoping to go

Lol it's looking like I may need to bring extra this time :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE