Survivorman programs wanted?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Hi,I'm trying to find out if anyone has the Survivorman dvds,As I'm thinking of getting them for my survival library,are they any good and has anyone got them for sale in the UK.
Cheers

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
They are really good! On youtube you can watch extracts of the shows, that can give you an impression.

Highly recommended!

Mike

Oct 6, 2008
Cheshire
""Off the grid" can be found in its entireity on youtube. A lot of his stuff can be seen on Skognivs channel on youtube as well.

Personally I love Les Stroud's stuff . Whats not to like, the guy gets himself "lost" somewhere for 7 days with minimal kit and has to get through it. Just him and his set of cameras, no film crew. No showboating, no shouting whoohoo from the top of a cliff.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I loved the one in the jungle when he chewed beetle nuts, I'll bet he didn't get much sleep that night! I do rate Les Stroud for taking his own cameras in with minimal kit, and you can always tell when he's hungry and had hardly any sleep as the camera doesn't lie! No b&b with blueberry pancakes at breakfast for Les.

malente

Life member
Jan 14, 2007
Germany
I like his honest approach too. Sometimes you can tell he's miserable or grumpy, but kudos fto him for keeping going (and filming) anyway!

But pease please lets not fall back into one of this comparative bickering type threads with Bear Grylls. Different show, different format, different aims and all that.

There, I said it. Open the floodgates...NOT.

Lets keep this thread a Les Stroud thread, as the OP asked about.

PS reading my post before this, I feel a bit guilty myself :D

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
I like his honest approach too. Sometimes you can tell he's miserable or grumpy, but kudos fto him for keeping going (and filming) anyway!

But pease please lets not fall back into one of this comparative bickering type threads with Bear Grylls. Different show, different format, different aims and all that.

There, I said it. Open the floodgates...NOT.

Lets keep this thread a Les Stroud thread, as the OP asked about.

PS reading my post before this, I feel a bit guilty myself :D

I agree mate! I'm not bringing any beef, just stating what makes Les Stroud's style appeal to me. I'm not knocking Bear Grylls, as you say different show, format etc.

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
i havent been able to find the 3rd on dvd yet but i have recordings of the whole series so if anyone would like copies pm me and i can mail you a dvd or e-mail you the files.

TJ

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Bear Grylls is a great and very admirable bloke and he's undoubtedly done some mean stuff in his life but unfortunately he's prostituted himself for a ridiculous TV show. That's my opinion.........so there. :drive:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE