Surviving alone in Alaska ....

caffeine

Banned
Jul 29, 2012
Earth
[video=youtube;Iq0rZn8HFmQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iq0rZn8HFmQ[/video]

idk if any have you seen this before ...

Silverback 1

Native
Jun 27, 2009
WEST YORKSHIRE
Great video seen it a while ago.
If you want to see another documentary on the same lines try and watch the Werner Herzog's production "Happy people.....a year in the Taiga", 90 minutes of supreme documentary making and narrative by the master at the top of his game, was readily available on You-Tube at one time as the full 90 minutes, but now i can only find snippets on there and was unable to post a link to the forum, maybe someone more techno-savvy can find te full length version and do the honours? It is a must see documentary IMO, blew me away the 1st time i watched it.

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
I really enjoyed that, thanks for posting

I like the way he seamed to enjoy taking the interviewer under his wing and teaching how to skin a rabbit and dispatch his first fish ect ect .
It was quite re-freashing to see the film crew being honest novices in that environment yet still being prepared to get stuck in, learn and helpout even when they where clearly out of there comfort zone at times

caffeine

Banned
Jul 29, 2012
Earth
yea i was thinking he was a bit of a hipster but ... in the end he didnt mind getting his hands dirty

excellent insight :) ... would love to spend some time with him he could teach a lot

salad

Sep 24, 2008
In the Mountains
yea i was thinking he was a bit of a hipster but ... in the end he didnt mind getting his hands dirty

excellent insight :) ... would love to spend some time with him he could teach a lot

He was a bit of a "hip dude" but at the end of the day who cares, he was willing to learn new stuff and have a go fair play . its nice to see someone get inspired, I recon thats what its all about

caffeine

Banned
Jul 29, 2012
Earth
@treadlightly yep really enjoyed this just about to start watching it again lol :)

@salad sure that's why i was surprised lol :) imagine swapping that chap for paris hilton ... i think he'd have been shooting something other than the bear lol

i have a few other vids i need to dig up and share ... expect this a lot from me as i live without a tv licence .... so im always digging out obscure stuff ;)

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Google "Cree hunters of the mistinassi" "ceasars birch bark canoe" and while on th nfb site look for bill mason, water walker Is excellent! As are all his films. there are some amazing programmes on there.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE