Survival Kit History teaser

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
What 24 hour survival kit always contained a cotton face mask, purple hooded plastic raincoat & Hershey's chocolate..?

Hint: nothing to do with covid or any other virus

Reactions: Erbswurst

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
This question is worrying me. I've tried to google it(yeah cheating I know,) it hasn't helped, all I'm getting is a story about a baby being found in a washing machine!
Is there a macabre connection somewhere?

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Not for some natural disaster is it?

Japan takes their earthquake preparedness seriously and every household expect to a kit, and have quake simulations for training.

Edit: though not historical so... no idea.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not for some natural disaster is it?

Japan takes their earthquake preparedness seriously and every household expect to a kit, and have quake simulations for training.

I also started with the Idea of Japan and Tsunamis etc but the Hershey chocolate didn't quite fit.

South Korea has a large Pro-American tie however. I still am probably wrong.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Just hope it's not for something horrific like a nuclear strike or chemical attack.

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
Isn't Hershey's a bit like Terry Pratchett's dwarf bread?
"No one ever went hungry when they had some dwarf bread to avoid. You only had to look at it for a moment, and instantly you could think of dozens of things you'd rather eat. Your boots, for example. Mountains. Raw sheep. Your own foot..."
Maybe it's included as an improvised weapon?

Reactions: Toddy

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Isn't Hershey's a bit like Terry Pratchett's dwarf bread?
"No one ever went hungry when they had some dwarf bread to avoid. You only had to look at it for a moment, and instantly you could think of dozens of things you'd rather eat. Your boots, for example. Mountains. Raw sheep. Your own foot..."
Maybe it's included as an improvised weapon?

I think you are supposed to give it to Dogs. Dog Chocolates.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
This question is worrying me. I've tried to google it(yeah cheating I know,) it hasn't helped
It's not cheating WG, question specifically chosen to be unfriendly challenging to search engines.

One person is really close, shall I put you out of your misery now or let it ride for a few more hours and reveal around 9pm?

Woody girl

Mar 31, 2018
Exmoor
I'm thinking toddy's suggestion of Woodstock is the most likely.
It was notoriously dusty at Woodstock and they did also have heavy rain at times turning the site into a mud bath.
A hershy bar is obviously american.
I go with Toddy.
Woodstock for me!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE