Surplus kit at great pirces

markheolddu

Settler
Sep 10, 2006
Llanelli
I Have ordered from them in the past, good service and the description of the item i ordered was spot on. (no conection to this company)

Mark

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
markheolddu said:
I Have ordered from them in the past, good service and the description of the item i ordered was spot on. (no conection to this company)

Mark

I'm waiting on a response to my mail from them regardign how to specify clothing sizes when ordering. Is there a form somewhere I haven't seen?

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
I'm waiting on a response to my mail from them regardign how to specify clothing sizes when ordering. Is there a form somewhere I haven't seen?

Its a bit deceptive.

When you see the item you want, you click on 'Buy', and it takes you to a screen where you can choose size before actually adding it to your basket.

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
dommyracer said:
Its a bit deceptive.

When you see the item you want, you click on 'Buy', and it takes you to a screen where you can choose size before actually adding it to your basket.

Ok I'm either blind or having browser troubles, when I click "buy" it just add said item to my basket and pops a small window to tell me so, all I'm left with then is the opion to go to the checkout basket?

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
PJMCBear said:
Excellent service too.

Rik - Shame on you. Nothing wrong with DPM. It's cheap and hard wearing, and I know you use it too. :p :D

Whats a "Other Arms Bergen" please? :confused:

One of my ex -RSME mates reckons that in civy street DPM should stand for Divs Pikies an Muppets, which he said standing under my DPM group shelter!! :lmao:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
PJMCBear said:
Excellent service too.

Rik - Shame on you. Nothing wrong with DPM. It's cheap and hard wearing, and I know you use it too. :p :D

I was only joking mate, I don't mind it, but a lot here do, can't understand it myself. I think some are worried about their image lol

Right, back to the topic, I ordered Monday and it arrived today.

DPM Bergen at £15, advertised as grade 2, but is grade 1 apart from a squaddies name on the back, and complete with internal frame

Lightweight trousers at £3, again advertised grade 2, but I think they came straight off a shelf in stores, never worn

Beenie hats are have seen use, but will do the job

Excelent goods, superb prices, very fast delivery, Feygan, thanks for the heads up on this seller, I will use again

PJMCBear

Settler
May 4, 2006
Hyde, Cheshire
The "Other Arms" bergan was issued to engineers and the like. Armed Forces personel that usually had access to vehicles.

The PLCE bergans was designed with the infantry type forces in mind, because they had to carry their own kit into battle.

Well, that was what I was told when serving. Oh, and I believe, having served in the forces, I can wear what I flipping like.

A 2 day turnaround for an order of quality gear, dirt cheap - can't grumble at that.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Went to my local army surplus shop in town this afternoon and picked up 2 OG side pouches, grade 1 and yoke with strap extentions for £15, so my lad has a great new pack for £30.

My local shop is new as a retail outlet, only open for about 9 months; he has been selling in bulk from a warehouse for years, but now has a shop as well. To be honest, his prices are very good and his range is getting bigger by the day, a nice chap. He goes online in a month and I'll post a link when he does.

Brian

Settler
Nov 6, 2003
Saltburn
Zodiak,

The Other Arms Bergen is a horrible piece of kit if you have to carry any amount of kit mate. Its a large hand bag that has straps so you can use it as a bergen, to get your kit into it there is a zipped opening in the top with a velcro flap. Unless you are using it over very short distances I would avoid it at all costs (just my opinion ;) )
This link should work, http://www.britishmilitarysurplus.co.uk/ishop/1069/shopscr70.html

Brian

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Sorry mate, my mistake, its a standard longback Bergen I got for Luke (Bear's post may have confused things)

Anyway, great pack and new side pockets, but the lad went a bit rambo as its DPM and so was his hat

Not to worry, the wife is a Senior Mental Health Nurse and medication for him is on the way ;)

L

lukeuk2

rik_uk3 said:
Sorry mate, my mistake, its a standard longback Bergen I got for Luke (Bear's post may have confused things)

Anyway, great pack and new side pockets, but the lad went a bit rambo as its DPM and so was his hat

Not to worry, the wife is a Senior Mental Health Nurse and medication for him is on the way ;)

i think the pills are working now i have carmed down

Feygan

Forager
Oct 14, 2006
Northern Ireland
Anyone any idea where the bit with clothing size selections is then? I can't see it anywhere. It just adds an item to my basket and procceeds to the checkout??

Bisamratte

Nomad
Jun 11, 2006
Karben
nice cheap prices......pity about the postage.....37 pounds to Germany for a pair of lightweight trousers and an "other arms" Bergen :(

back to hunting through the only two German surplus sites that I can find :rolleyes:

Hunter_zero

Nomad
Jun 25, 2006
Wales
rik_uk3 said:
Went to my local army surplus shop in town this afternoon and picked up 2 OG side pouches, grade 1 and yoke with strap extentions for £15, so my lad has a great new pack for £30.

My local shop is new as a retail outlet, only open for about 9 months; he has been selling in bulk from a warehouse for years, but now has a shop as well. To be honest, his prices are very good and his range is getting bigger by the day, a nice chap. He goes online in a month and I'll post a link when he does.

Spill the beans.....where is this shop... :rolleyes:

John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE