Surplus for sale/exchange

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
140,000 sq km of fairly flat tarmac. located at various points around the UK (may divide into manageable pieces) various out-buildings and hangars

114 Challenger II tanks plus support equipment (POA)

One aircraft carrier - light grey, only used once (small dent from bumping into Plymouth)

three sets of vintage "jump-jets" most in fair condition some older than you are

Various other items of military hardware too numerous to list, to be broken up into small lots and sold to third world bidders (oppressive regimes only need apply)

All reasonable offers considered; Apply Liam Fox c/o MOD Whitehall SW1A 4PQ
:rolleyes:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Hey but just remember sometimes your\my\our taxes are spent in a more productive and sencible way like spending the afternoon making these,
69150_1665323159230_1421791260_3166336_1564748_n.jpg

Madonna bread girls

SCOMAN

Life Member
Dec 31, 2005
Perthshire
The aircraft carrier has more than one bump in it. The Swiss Army's yacht give us a good ding back in '88 and an inert 1000lb went through the ramp in '91. Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole mate, hard to get parts and the paintwork's crap. Bit heavy on the old diesel too.

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Did the gaffer on it get a bollocking for allowing the dent in Plymouth or does it take a running aground like the one down Australia way a few years back?

I like the challenger II tanks. Are their treads legal for UK roads? Diesel fueled? Would they take red diesel ok and is it legal to do so. Call it a tractor and run it on a farm. Does it come with spare rounds too? Could solve the congestion in Lancaster when I'm running late.

Now the harrier jumpjet could be even better for that. How hard are they to learn how to fly and are there any Instructors in the Lancaster area?

I reckon Liam Fox would look good in a sheepskin jacket like a used car dealer of the past. Arthur Daley character. WOuld you buy a used harrier jumpjet off this guy? It would have to have a full service history before I would. And how do I tell if its been clocked? Now perhaps not a good idea. I do hate to be ripped off with car dealers so harrier jumpjets I know less about so think I'll pass.

Thanks for the heads up BTW. Besides I'm sure they will be snapped up soon enough. There must be another third world army and navy that would take them (fortunately that is not ours).

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
What I meant to say that even with our limited resources the British armed forces are better than a lot out there. Even with these questionable (with our limited information) decisions we will still have an effective armed forces. A lot of that is down to the personnel and their training. We will still have the people serving the country. But isn't that manpower being cut back? Hmmm! Still I'm sure we will be able to borrow AMerican support if we lose the Falklands again. Erm! Didn't they refuse to assist and even tried to negotiate a hand over or something. I think their policy os that they should be handed over. Hmm! In that case I think the Rear Admiral (no sniggrs at the back) was right yesterday on the news that with thise cuts we had better not lose the Falklands in the first place because we would never be able to win them back.

Sorry but I am not from the services and none of my family served in the armed forces (one Grandad was on trains so reserved and couldn't go the other was in the US army - 8Th I think) and went across a day or so after the D-day IIRC).

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
That means I Have no real knowledge of the services but still think there are some potty decisions. Although IF it really is more expensive to cancel the carriers than build them (without the planes to use on them) then surely that is down to the last shower not negotiating the contracts or ensuring the mandarins at the MOD negotiated them properly. Jeez! Even I know there was a total F up there somewhere. SNAFU is a term that could apply. Got some lingo though!!!

Well my ill-informed ramblings have been said. I wonder how right I am.

Paul_B

Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
PS not a fan of MAdonna, Scarlet is a bit to Blonde for me can you make some other and post a picture Southey?

Fizzy

Nomad
Feb 8, 2010
Ash Vale
What I meant to say that even with our limited resources the British armed forces are better than a lot out there. Even with these questionable (with our limited information) decisions we will still have an effective armed forces. A lot of that is down to the personnel and their training. We will still have the people serving the country. But isn't that manpower being cut back? Hmmm! Still I'm sure we will be able to borrow AMerican support if we lose the Falklands again. Erm! Didn't they refuse to assist and even tried to negotiate a hand over or something. I think their policy os that they should be handed over. Hmm! In that case I think the Rear Admiral (no sniggrs at the back) was right yesterday on the news that with thise cuts we had better not lose the Falklands in the first place because we would never be able to win them back.

Sorry but I am not from the services and none of my family served in the armed forces (one Grandad was on trains so reserved and couldn't go the other was in the US army - 8Th I think) and went across a day or so after the D-day IIRC).

The Americans actually did us some favours in the form of buying up Excocet missiles and confiscating arms bound for Argentina. In particular a shipment of MG74s, one of which I've had the pleasure of playing with :)

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
I was going to go for a Sandra Bullock but although she's my allowed celebrity squeeze, as it's cake (and I'd like to eat it too) and she's a bit on the svelte side - so not much cake!

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
I'll quite happily buy a chunk of airfeild that's going cheap. Especially if it's got out buildings. I'll start me a nice market garden. :)

Now, where am I going to get the workforce?

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
More Admirals than ships, more Generals than tanks, more air-commodores (or whatever the bigwigs are called nowadays!) than aircraft.

Priorities, lads please........

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Have a look at the RAF website they have a good section filtering out info related to the forces as a whole, It is a good thing that they are going to cut the civillian jobs from the MOD, biggest waste of money imo, there are currently afew employed at my wifeys work for example i will pick the three most useless positions they hold and will toast you with port if you can guess what there jobs are, concidering they get full pension benefits sick pay from the first day off and these guys even get dental care, mainly as that is the department they work in, but go on gues what there jobs are,

EDIT, just to add im not rejoicing in any one losing there job, just demonstraighting the wastfullness and shear lazyness of the mod,

Last edited:

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Have a look at the RAF website they have a good section filtering out info related to the forces as a whole, It is a good thing that they are going to cut the civillian jobs from the MOD, biggest waste of money imo, there are currently afew employed at my wifeys work for example i will pick the three most useless positions they hold and will toast you with port if you can guess what there jobs are.

A husband of one of my wife's friends works out in Afghanistan for the MOD fixing Gym Equipment. He makes about £3k a month.

Is that one of the jobs?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE