Supermarket Hiking Menu

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

persistent king

Settler
May 23, 2010
wigan
One meal I cooked on a camp that was nice and cheap and tasted great and fed about 4 to 5 of us was a tin of stewed steak, a tin of boiled potatoes, a tin of pease ,tin of green beans and a tin of carrots , I cooked it in my Dutch oven with a little water and served up with some crusty bread and lots of pepper.
it tasted great for a quick, cheap hot filling meal

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
+1 for tinned fish & noods.
t2808.gif

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
I tend to use the 29p pastas from Morrisons.. they are ok, I have taken them out the packs and added a bit more of dired pasta before..this make it go further as well..

Add some Biltong/sausage/tuna.. and your well away :). even added the biltong prior to repacking , this stops you eating it all in the first day :)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
got my bits today for a winter mountain weekend.

muslie and milk powder
noodles
cous cous with smoked sausage
hot chocolate
coffee

snacks will be added to the above to bulk up the calories, as it is it sits at about 2,300 cal...

some chocolate bars, sweets and nuts will be added for on the mountain side when moving, probably some more coffee too, lots of brew stops...;)

tiger stacker

Native
Dec 30, 2009
Glasgow
This time of the year is great, maderia sponge, christmas cake and all those seasonal foodstuffs, the supermarket try to sell off fast. Trail mix is always fun to make up from all those gift boxes. Just a shame the wind makes hill walking a bit breezy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE