Sunstorm

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well, I'm deep into this new book, Sunstorm, just come out on Kindle, and I honestly think it's damn good. It's "new dark age" themed with a solar storm as the trigger and all the resultant problems. It's also very bushie and exciting. I've felt so starved of good reads over the past 10 years it's good to have something that really keeps my attention with characters I can care about, relationships that matter and a scenario I can believe in, even see myself in. If you like a good, fast, page-turner give this a go.

I know the author and she asked me to do the cover for her. I’d not read it until it came out 2 days ago, just had an outline of the plot to get cover ideas, now I have to be quite disciplined to put it down and get on with my own work :D. Fortunately it's not too long. Only trouble is I gather it's the first of a series so when I get to the end I'll be hanging out for the next one :rolleyes::D

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Sounds great!

(Although it looks like the Sun is actually going into a long period of relative inactivity - welcome to the next Mauder minimum and lots of snow:) )

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Sounds great!

(Although it looks like the Sun is actually going into a long period of relative inactivity - welcome to the next Mauder minimum and lots of snow:) )

Once I figure out how to transfer it into my Android or Palm reader, I'll buy it! And nice work on the cover illustration, by the way:)

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Just bought it Elen, along with another book with the same title By Arthur c Clarke and Stephen Baxter. I look forward to reading them.
So we have another illustrator on the the forum.:)

Elen Sentier

Just bought it Elen, along with another book with the same title By Arthur c Clarke and Stephen Baxter. I look forward to reading them.
So we have another illustrator on the the forum.:)

Fraid ya do :). Clarke/Baxter is a whole different take on it, interesting putting them together. Roger Zelazny did a good one on solar flare too, just called Flare. From the price it looks like it's OOP, still got my original.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A late friend of mine did the original cover for `Brave new world`

I think its availible as a poster.

He hadnt read the book first, sad to say.

Laurentius

Aug 13, 2009
Knowhere
Back in 1975 Historian Lewis Mumford wrote in Mother Earth news "The new Dark Age is already here. We just don't know it." I recall the late 70's as the era of the three day week and Opec price hikes. It seems we have been living in the dark ages for at least forty years now. My greatest concern in these latter days is the flood, I need an ark. I am not really into doom and gloom literature it all seems just a little bit too real.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Back in 1975 Historian Lewis Mumford wrote in Mother Earth news "The new Dark Age is already here. We just don't know it." I recall the late 70's as the era of the three day week and Opec price hikes. It seems we have been living in the dark ages for at least forty years now. My greatest concern in these latter days is the flood, I need an ark. I am not really into doom and gloom literature it all seems just a little bit too real.

Tell that to child leukemia victims, virtually all of whom died in the 70's, and whom now mostly survive. Or the joys of being able to use the WWW, or speak to anyone in the world on something smaller than a packet of fags! 40 years ago, people with polio damage were a common sight - not any more.

You can keep the dark ages - I'm delighted to be living in this time:)

magpiewolf

Nov 10, 2012
Aberdeenshire
I'm not really interested in writing doom and gloom. I try not to be a depressing influence...:)
We are lucky to live when we do in so many ways and I do appreciate and value that - it could be much worse and this is, after all, a work of fiction.

Hope those who try, enjoy!

Now I've outed myself....:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE