Sunsets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Just a note to say that you should start to pay more attention to sunsets as the colors become more dramatic in the coming weeks. We see by satellite imagery that our British Columbia wild fire smoke has reached the UK.
You can expect hazy skies until Christmas, if this ever lets up.
Just a little gift from the colony.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Just a note to say that you should start to pay more attention to sunsets as the colors become more dramatic in the coming weeks. We see by satellite imagery that our British Columbia wild fire smoke has reached the UK.
You can expect hazy skies until Christmas, if this ever lets up.
Just a little gift from the colony.

Your too kind sending us this, however it will be marked return to sender

Reactions: Robson Valley

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
13,000 km^2 burned for the worst ever fire season and it is not over.
The rain showers here today are washing some of it out of the air.
Great, raggy holes filled with sunshine in real clouds.

I've seen some fabulous sunsets and sunrises shot in Sweden in the last few days.
They have their own wild fire problems that even made our TV news!

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
Yes, Plenty of uncontrolled forest fires in Sweden this summer. News travel slow to the Colonies, as most have been extinguished by now.
Tradewinds?
Many European countries ( not UK though) sent help, firemen and equipment.

Fire damages Scandinavian forests, unnatural. Lot of people lost a lot of money.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Here's a couple of photos from a wild camp at the eastern shore of Loch Lomond
d8913c9e6f6da94cbfe865c0dbc10a6f.jpg
1838aaccd67166826801f7be7ade9d9d.jpg
061f1f27321daf41f5c575243f5a3246.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Allans865: Thanks for the great pictures. Has been too smokey here to even see a sunset!
Goes from gloomy to darker gloomy to dark.

Of course, wild fires appear to damage forests. The news media want you to be upset when you confront real nature.
The fires are normal and natural and have been happening before paleo times. The news media want to keep you stupid so you learn nothing useful.
Ever since the Ice Age glaciers melted back and the landscape settled down. That's about 8,000, maybe 9,000, years ago in my district.
Where I live, wild fire cycle is 100-150 years. Soil pits and charcoal layers prove that.
Except in Chun T'oh Whudujut, a patch of forest that has not burned in maybe 4,000 years. About 100 km west of my place.

Best of all, the association between our Lodgepole pine and Jack Pine is so profound that the trees have serotinous cones.
Big word describing how wild fire heat is absolutely necessary to open the cones to spread the seeds.

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
You're welcome Sir

I'm in Orkney at the moment, a small group of Islands just north of Scotland.

I did notice yesterday morning's sunrise was hazier than normal...more than likely a result of the fires.

The thought that this was the reason for the haze hadn't even crossed my mind until I read this thread.

It makes sense though...most of the northern hemisphere was affected by the 2010 Icelandic volcanic ash cloud.

Thanks,
Allan

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE