Sunday Spoonage

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
It's been a little while since i carved a spoon, so i rectified that today and sat down for a few hours and carved some spoons, the three pictured took me about thee and half hours to do, as per normal the spoon blanks are rough shaped using the axe and then refined using a sheath knife initially and then one of my Ben Orford Sloyd and/or Pick knives.

DSCN2031.jpg

The top and bottom spoons are from Willow and are opposing sides of the same small log, the middle spoon is from a piece of Magnolia, all of the wood was carved green, the Willow being very green, to the point that you could see moisture pooling front of the blade as it went through the wood, when the spoons have dried off, I'll get them finished off properly and refine the shape and smooth out the rough spots with the small pick knife.

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Cheers chaps

The size is probably akin to a table spoon, so more of a small serving spoon i suppose.

Rockmonkey

Settler
Jan 12, 2012
uk
I saw the title, and thought "Lucky Man"!
Bit of a dissapointment really, but lovely spoons as always!
Middle ones my favourite!
Keep Whittling!!

RM

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
I saw the title, and thought "Lucky Man"!
Bit of a disappointment really, but lovely spoons as always!
Middle ones my favourite!
Keep Whittling!!

RM

Loads more to do tomorrow, got a couple of shows soon, so needed to make some stock up in readiness, you never know, i might sell one or two:)

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Nice spoons mate, bit better than the one I carved on Sunday from the same batch of willow, mind you mine is 44 cm long, going to use it as camp slave beater, that'l keep him on his toes. :lmao:

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice spoons mate, bit better than the one I carved on Sunday from the same batch of willow, mind you mine is 44 cm long, going to use it as camp slave beater, that'l keep him on his toes. :lmao:

cheers ears, 44cm long, just a small one then:rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE