Suilven

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
So, can anyone tell me much about this area?

Planning a trip up there later this year. Any particular places that folk would recommend?

Cheers

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Great country. Iused to work nearby at Lochinver. You can fish on many of the local lochs for a small permit charge.

Wild camping no problem under the Land Reform Act.

Achmelvich Youth hostel is pretty good. Nice beach there.

Suilven itself looks impossible from a distance but the conventional route is actually completely straightforward. In summer, anyway.

silvergirl

Nomad
Jan 25, 2006
Angus,Scotland
Bleak
Dramatic
Beautiful

Loads of midges later in the year:eek: But wind blown if your lucky.
No trees, unless you are heading down to the coast.

I've only been there from the water side. Any specific info you are looking for?

Waterworx

Nomad
Nov 22, 2009
Cornwall
Great country. Iused to work nearby at Lochinver. You can fish on many of the local lochs for a small permit charge.

Wild camping no problem under the Land Reform Act.

Achmelvich Youth hostel is pretty good. Nice beach there.

Suilven itself looks impossible from a distance but the conventional route is actually completely straightforward. In summer, anyway.

Fishing sounds a good idea. Been looking to start at Lochinver and find a nice circular route, conventional routes sound good, I'm definitely not a rock climber, not yet anyway.

Bleak
Dramatic
Beautiful

Any specific info you are looking for?

The above sounds perfect! Not sure whether the pictures on google do it justice.

Haven't got a route planned yet, but looking at a weeks long trek, contemplating December time, but may try and pop up a little earlier.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
British Buddhists holy mountain

Dont know if they subscribe to the circumnavigation school or the summiting school.

You will have to do both, just to be sure.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE