Sugguestions?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone could help.
I'm wanting to get away to a different part of the country to do some wild camping this year, as Ipswich isn't exactly the best place to practise Bushcraft, due to lack of decent forests.

Can anyone sugguest any areas? I have a car, so getting about isn't a problem, long as its safe to leave the car for a couple of days?

I've always fancied going scotland to camp but wouldn't know where to start.

Any sugguestions?

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
I like the idea of Glen Affric but have never been there and only seen afew photos of it. Anyone been there? Is it really nice?

BenCalver

Tenderfoot
Can you not head up the road to Thetford forest! Really nice area of the world!

I have thought of thetford in the past but thought it might of been the best place to go, as I think they have people patrolling parts of it and don't know how they'd react to me having a knife, axe and fire on the go.

if your up for a long drive i have some good safe car parking spots around Kinloss that i would happily pm you?

Yes, a long drive is more than fine with me. Passed my test over two years ago and the furthest I've been is Wymondham, Norfollk. So be nice to go some distant for a change :)

how about the forest of dean?

Haven't thought of that to be honest. Have you been there yourself? If so, what's it like?! I've seen a few things with Ray Mears in, which he is in the forest of dean. Have to admit, it always looked a lovely place to go.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE