Sub £100 set up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I want to get into photography. I have enrolled on a basic online course and I'll have to send digital photographs to a tutor during the course for assessment and critique.

Can anyone recommend a basic camera set up for £100 OR LESS. I am happy to buy second hand or reconditioned if someone recommends a camera. I only need a basic set up to learn the basics and if I get into it more then I will upgrade as I need.

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

firedfromthecircus

Tenderfoot
Oct 9, 2014
there
It depends on how simple you want.
A point and shoot is good enough to learn composition and use of lighting. If you don't get those right the fanciest camera isn't much use. But if you want more control over shutter speed, ISO, aperture, focus etc then you need a bit more camera.
You should be able to get something like a Canon EOS400D and an 18-55mm kit lens for £100 or less these days. Old tech now in the fast paced digital SLR world, but perfectly competent and has auto, semi-auto and full manual modes so you can learn as you go. As you progress you can buy different and better lenses and as long as you stick to the same system then just upgrade the body later on, and still have all your lenses.
The course you are taking should give you an indication of what kind of camera is suitable.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Update: I've dug out an old camera. A Panasonic lumix dmc-fz8. I got it for my honeymoon in 2007. What a cracking find. It does all that I need it to at the minute. If my hobby takes off then I'll upgrade in the future!

Thanks for all the tips. Much appreciated.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Reactions: johnbaz

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE