For Sale Stuart Mitchell #2 blade knife NOW £175/£165

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Unsure of the name of the blade, or when they were made. It will have been a short run, and I bought the blade in 2008 second hand on BB.

It’s stamped 20, not sure of steel, it’s never tarnished but is likely 01 (EDIT: Stuart has told me this is actually D2 tool steel). Some years later I was up at the knife show and bought the handle scales, then it sat for a few more years. Eventually I asked Stewart Light of this parish if he’d fit the handle and make me up a sheath, which he’s made a fine job of. Pins are simple brass rod and lightly tarnished, grind is hollow.

£200/ £165 inc tracked and signed postage. You’ll need to be 18 or over to buy.

IMG_3165.jpegIMG_3164.jpegIMG_3163.jpegIMG_3161.jpegIMG_3160.jpeg

Last edited:

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Hello @Nice65, how are you doing mate? It has been a while eh...

Back in the days of BB they were simply named the '#2' blades. I sold a few old blades and the original version of that was second in the sales post/listing, hence the name.

It created a lot of interest and I was asked to make a small limited blade only run, which I did, 50 blades in total.

Steel is D2.

The SM blade mark is a rarity too, only these blades got that engraved SM as I recall. Marking blade only work is always challenging, particularly with a purpose made run folk do want to see my name in some way, for obvious reason though I can't use my own mark, these got a representation of how I would hand write my initials, my FIL is an engraver so I borrowed one of his pantograph machines, hand cut a master pattern and engraved the 50 with it.

Hope that helps mate, good luck with your sale.

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
That’s brilliant Stu, thanks for finding the thread and coming in with that. Great to have some more of the history, it was Rapidboy that sold me this long ago, so he’d have bought it from the original sales.

Good to hear from you, it’s been ages, hope you’re well.

Rich

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
@stuart m

Out of interest Stu, did the design have a purpose, or was it just a shape that appealed? I knew I wanted one of the blades as soon as I saw it, for me it was purely aesthetics.

I‘ve since thought it could be useful in the kitchen. Finding the uses to justify the purchases even years ago I was ;) :D

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Bump, drop to 185 or I’m tempted to keep it. (Can’t find the pound sign on my ESR keyboard).

Last edited:

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Still here in the cupboard with the Christmas baubles in it just wanting to grace your cheeseboard.

A tempting drop, now £175 to your door with next day delivery.

Go on, say Happy Christmas to yourself :)

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Another bump, it is clear out time in my place at the moment. I have better uses for the cash than the knife at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE