Street finds

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
It's a throw away world we live in.
These three wooden draw items and the metal framed one on the end in my garage were thrown out over the last three weeks.
There loss is my gain, the mahogany one in the first picture I picked up two roads away today came back with it put in in the garage, when I returned SHMBO was rather cross with Hugo as I left the house keys in the garage door lock, along with the keys for the BMW. I digress, it has dove tailed joints and will polish up a treat. It's is a wine rack, now tool rack.
The others were all from around where I live, I now have plenty of draw space in the garage for my tools and some camp stuff.
019.jpg

020.jpg

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
You are right there.
I also got hold of pair of steel steps what looks to be new, a bit of a carry with them mind you, good wombling never did anybody any harm.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Our lass is always coming home with bits of wombled stuff out of skips, it is amazing what some folk chuck out.

My big bro got the best one when he was at Bristol Poly back in the 80's, he managed to find one of those designer white ball chairs in a skip and rolled it all the way back to his bedsit.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Oh I love street (and river) finds :)
Mine include
A Pine table (one broken leg glued and screwed to working condition in 5 mins)
One kneehole dressing table (loose drawer bases glued to perfection in 5 mins)
Many, many bakery bread trays (river) now a hanging shelf system in my garage

Full size extension ladder (river)
Sawn pine beam (river )now the lintle of my wood store
Bale of blue poly rope (river)
Much firewood (street) in the form of busted furniture/pallets
Net floats (sea)
SAKs a couple of them (street - no blood on them)
16' Mad river canoe (river) found during a flood, advertised but never claimed - fixed up for £50 (new gunnels and seats) later sold for a couple of hundred £
Canoe paddle (separate incident on river )
Canoe helmet (river)
Bailer/fuel filter (river)
Oil drum BBq (street) adopted by our Scouts
and much more!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
John, I coming to visit you soon.
It seems you only have to be outdoors there for your neighbours to throw resources at you!

My local wombling has yielded a leather satchel that is now my man bag,and the occasional bit of bent wire or bailer twine.

ATB

Ogri the trog

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Aside from the odd lighter my best (skip) find was a large cast iron casserole with lid. You can get quite a bit of wood from the side of the road too

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
:)
I once found a busted sheath knife with an antler handle on the beach, a cheap knife on a bushy camp site, many ridgelines left on bushy sites, ...... but the best has to be .... at the hight of their popularity .... a Furby!

Dogoak

Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Ah, some nice finds there Hugo, congrats on your re-cycling.

Skip diving is one of my favourite past times, much to SWMBO's disbelief, mind you she cheers up when it's something nice for the house! Best one, a few years ago, was an Eames chair, couldn't believe it. I was strapped for cash at the time so it was quickly sold on.

Realbark

Aimless Wanderer
Jan 18, 2011
South Lincs UK
My best find was a heavy solid copper kettle, battered and heavily blackened. Descaled with boiling vinegar and its used for car camping.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I found two tent pegs at the last meet.
Whilst out again yesterday I found 25 carbon fibre poles that interlock same as tent poles.
They are 50 cm long and about7mm thick each and were strung together with the usual thin elastic cord, they were in a group of three lots joined if you know what I mean.
I'll use some for making tent poles for a basher, I like bashers do I.
If some of the Sussex meet people want a few for free (to use mind) just ask and I'll bring them along next time.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE