Stove plans gone missing

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Guys,
Our home PC has suffered a bit of an "Oops" recently and I've lost a link.
It was for wood stove plans that basically were four flat sheets of steel that slotted together to make the fire surround and pot holder...
IIRC there were several sets of plans on the same website.

Anyone have the link or something similar that you could post here to save my sanity please.

TIA

Ogri the trog

Nemisis

Settler
Nov 20, 2005
Staffordshire
I like that stove its neat would make a great just in case stove for a day walk. Ogri you could do what I plan to do remove the top and bottom off a couple of aluminium cans open them out to flat sheets and copy the stove using the plans shouldn't take long with sharp scissors then save that as a template for when you get the steel.
Dave.

May 24, 2006
Hampshire
Hi everybody

First post, have been lurking for a while.

I made one of these out of aluminium sheet, not very neat but it all fitted together and supports a mess tin OK. I had a thought and cut an extra three slots in the sides & back so that the base can be positioned 1 1/4" higher, this then turns it into a perfect windshield for a Trangia burner or would even allow hex blocks to be used. Again, the Trangia performed very well inside it. Folded flat it fits inside a large mess tin no problems and would fit a small one with minor modifications. I got the drawings from the web site and just printed them, they're not exactly to scale, but near enough! Don't know how long the ali will last but it's easy enough to replace bits as (if) they wear out.

Chris

Swissnic

May 16, 2006
London
Funny - I found this page a few days ago, and thought it was a great idea. I made a few changes to the design to allow the kit to fit together without the need for the metal holding pins on either side.

I just received my 2.5mm sheet aluminium ordered from Chronos and am going to cut it this weekend...

I'll take photos through the build an do a report next week... Hopefully it will all work out okay!

Cheers, Nic

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE