Stove help/advice

think

Jul 19, 2011
Yorkshire Dales
Hi guys, I have been using a primus omnifuel for the last 18 months with some MSR Alpine stainless steel pans, however I am really looking for an all in one cook system.

The 2 I am looking at are either a Trangia 25 with a gas burner (which I then hope to either convert my omnifuel to fit or wait for the X2 burner to come out) or a Primus EtaPower MF which has everything in one box.

I am swaying towards the trangia mainly because I have done a bit of research and found they don't seem to have changed the design over the last 25 years, I can purchase just about any component as a spare/replacement easily, there doesn't seem to be anything stopping me upgrading a standard 25 series set to the hard anodised version one piece at a time as the standard pieces get damaged etc.

The main con seems to be the price, I have just found the 25-6 (with non stick pans) for £60, but the multifuel adaptor seems to be around £130 making £190

I can purchase a Primus Etapower MF for £125 delivered.

The things stopping me buying the Primus are: Spares seem to be few and far between, for example if I damage the windshield, who sells spares? And I =have also read quite a few reviews stating the burner is nowhere near up to Primus usual standards.

Does anyone one here use either??

Thanks in advance

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
You shouldn't need to pay anywhere near that for a Trangia 25, though it does depend on exactly which one you go for.

The 25-1 can be had at Clas Ohlson for under £40 (last time I looked), and if you look here: http://www.outdoorgb.com/p/Trangia_25_Cooker_with_Gas_Burner/ you can get the 25-1 with the gas kit for a bit over £65.

Happy hunting!

Edit: Sorry - guess I confused the gas adapter with the multi-fuel burner - you're prices are about right.

Last edited:

think

Jul 19, 2011
Yorkshire Dales
Just been out and bought a Trangia 27-2 (all alu with kettle) for solo trips and also bought a 25-6 (non stick with kettle) for when I go away with family/friends. Got both of these and a gas burner for £110 from my local store.

Got home around 6pm and have already been sat in the back garden testing them. I am really really really impressed with the quality, they seem bombproof and very well thought out. I am now waiting for the X2 multifuel burner to become available and am going to sell my old Primus Omnifuel and my brand new spare one to fund as I am that confident the MF Trangia will fulfill all my needs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE