Stove flue kettle

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Hi guys here is a pic of the flue kettle ive been thinking about putting together for my wood stove..Its only a prototype as i wanted to get the dimentions correct before building the final one.It boiled enough water for 7 mugs of coffee in around 25 mins,not super fast but thats alot of water.

DSCF12962640x480640x480.jpg

JohnC

Jun 28, 2005
Edinburgh
That looks pretty good!, Ive seen sleeves that fitted round flues, but that looks great, sort of kelly kettle effect?

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh yes, I like that idea, very much indeed.

Very nicely done.

Thing with the boiling time, is that you can put as much or as little water in there as you need, with the time obviously varying accordingly.

Well impressed with that Stevie lad;)

Hows tricks anyway, still paddling I hope?

all the best

Steve

TurboGirl

Sep 8, 2011
Leicestershire
www.king4wd.co.uk
My freind did one in his vardo but being so much larger capacity, around a smaller diameter stovepipe and over a much shorter length, the water only got to hand hot but as the twin calor bottle stove was his main cooking area anyhow, that was fine for his needs. He did a roaring trade with free foot wash & massages for all the beautiful lasses who flocked to his doors at the festivals ;)

Yours is a LOT more practical by the look of it... faced with the option of a foot massage or a proper hot brew, the brew has to win every time!
40461_1491439040390_3881383_n.jpg

Last edited:

JAG009

Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Top bit of work you have done there ,and that's just the prototype,,, top stuff!! ........... The one you can get for the frontier stove costs about 80 quid and holds 3l I think .... so you should save yourself a few quid making your own ...post some pics of the final version

Soloman

Settler
Aug 12, 2007
Scotland
Hi there steve yes im still paddling and am planning to get out more this year.Ive a new pup to get used to the boat he is a 14 month old gsd from our breeder friends and he looks fantastic he's solos understudy
Do you have one of these frontier stove things.
Steve

rancid badger

Hi there steve yes im still paddling and am planning to get out more this year.Ive a new pup to get used to the boat he is a 14 month old gsd from our breeder friends and he looks fantastic he's solos understudy
Do you have one of these frontier stove things.
Steve

Good to hear all's well Steve, you never know, we might get to paddle together one day!

I don't have a stove like that but someone I know has made a few woodburners from scrap gas bottles in the past. We talked about some sort of water jacket on the flue, but quickly realised it wasn't practical for the tools and facilities he had available.

cheers

Steve

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE