Day Out Storm path.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
The presence of many acres of woodland just 30 paces from my back garden gate, has made me accustomed to the crash and splinter of falling trees during times of high winds, but recently it has become almost a daily background noise.
Today was relatively calm, and so I went for a brief wander in the woods. The weather, in spite of the storms and gales has in fact been quite mild and the wild flowers in my back garden are in Spring mode.
Three Cornered Leek. A similar but milder smell and taste of Garlic than Ramsons ( Wild Garlic)

The pink and blue of Lung Wort and the usual suspects like Daffs, Primroses and Snow Drops.

Views and shapes in the woods that I am accustomed to have changed. Trees have fallen, the dark arched path in places is now different, clear, and slightly strange. Part of a big tree is down and the vista is new.

Some are literally ripped out of the soil and shatter when they hit the ground.

I've heard visitors moan about the signs posted warning of the danger in high winds, " Do not enter the woods" ...The signs are there for a good reason.

Even the dead fall and flying debris in a storm is dangerous.

Mother Nature prevails though, the Wild Flowers and Ramsons are showing everywhere.

Down at the Lake the Ducks are happy.

The Great Reed Mace looking like dark exclamation marks on a page, shed their fluffy seeds.

And my cheap ally brew kit works very well.

So all is right with the World. :laugh:...:thumbsup:

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
I always marvel at the number of shades of spring greens. Every species seems so unique. Here, the wind-thrown trees would be left as is unless they block logging roads. What happens at your place? Bunch of chainsaw gardening?

-12C, calm, and snowing fine as salt here today. Even my big front yard spruce trees don't want to look green today.

saxonaxe

Nomad
Sep 29, 2018
SW Wales
" What happens at your place?"

The woodland is owned and managed by a National Charity, and the Forestry Team is made up of only a few men, so basically easily extracted fallen timber is removed and sold, but difficult to remove/transport or low value timber is generally left to rot naturally or in some cases used by the foresters to show their chain saw skills..:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE