Stone Tools With a Modern Twist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Someone posted a link to these the other day Tony, and I'm so pleased that someone else thought as I did about them :D I thought I was so totally out of step with the others on the forum over them.
I think I called it post apocalyptic fusion :rolleyes:
I also think you're right, any designer who doesn't see 'something' intrinsically beautifully functional, but with a real application of creative design behind it in stone tools, is really missing something.

cheers,
M

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Ooops, sorry for the repetition, I didn't see the original post.

Many is the time I have stood in a museum, transfixed by the perfect symmetry of stone tools made by people we dare to call primitive. I try to carry over some of the appreciation for good design in my own kit where I can.

A tool can easily be a thing of wonder as well as merely functional.

I believe that you are an archeologist? Well I am married to one who has just submitted her Ph.D on Anglo-Saxon enamelling, so maybe that's where we converge!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am indeed :).......there's a few folks on here who would be very interested in having a discussion with your Missus :D
I freely admit I know very little about Anglo Saxons, but their gold work is stunning and the few enamelled pieces that I have seen are very beautiful and of high craftsmanship too.

cheers,
M

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
That is some cool kit, what has always put me off stone blades and tools is the string and stick handle look:rolleyes: I know sound irrational, but hose i would use and carry. wonderful work!

Sandsnakes

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE