Sticky, oily blade cleaning wipes

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
How grippy is it?
It’s a clear plastic, much like an acrylic. G10 and micarta both have either glass fibre or whatever the micarta is made of as added fibre so most Ultem finishes (that I’ve seen) have some contouring.

Hard to say, here’s a close up of my 2 knives.

IMG_8410.jpegIMG_8409.jpeg

Not all though, and it makes nice pen blanks, mini boxes and dice.
 
Kubey are using it a lot, everything I see is contoured and milled. But I’d certainly rate it more grippy than polished aluminium or titanium. Just about every knife I have, its grippiness is dictated by the finishing rather than the material.


One thing it does show, which can be annoying, is over lubrication. The oil trapped under the clear Ultem.

TBH, most people’s gripe is the colour. I like it, but initially I didn’t at all.
 
Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE