Stick stool failure!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
A stool I made from paracord and sycamore sticks just failed on me - luckily I was just moving it around the site at the time not sitting on it!
To be fair I made it - under instruction from Eric Methven at the Bushmoot in 2011
DSCF4835 (2014_12_24 05_44_15 UTC).jpg
Over the years it has been demoted from stool to sidetable but I was sad to see it go... but it was pretty old for sycamore which goes very brittle with age:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a bummer Mr Fenna, it does look a nice stool too. Though maybe it's a prompt to not only make some more but to do an article on it?
It's an interesting design as at first glance I didn't realise the seat part was suspended by string rather than laying in the sticks.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have replaced it with another "Tripod Chair" -like this one
P7040026.jpg -
which I find easier to relax in - these are my standard camp seats now - and although the stool was good it (like any backless seat) was not too comfy after a days hard 'crafting and a drop of Jura :)
I think Eric is the man for a Tutorial on the stool....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You might do one on the chair ? :D

JohnC did a tutorial on the stool yonks ago. Not sure if I can find a link or not though.

Worth resurrecting anyway :cool:

M

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Not saying I don't trust your handywork John but when I saw that stool in your woods I didn't fancy trying it for some reason :)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You might do one on the chair ? :D

JohnC did a tutorial on the stool yonks ago. Not sure if I can find a link or not though.

Worth resurrecting anyway :cool:

M

I am pretty sure there is a Tut on the tripod chair here somewhere... I know I did not invent it myself....

Dec 27, 2015
Pembroke
Looks good John, hope your keeping well haven't seen you since the meet at coed hiraeth with Woodstock and fiona all those years ago. Best wishes JD

Sent from my SM-G110H using Tapatalk

Steve27752

Settler
May 7, 2007
Berkshire, U.K.
A stool I made from paracord and sycamore sticks just failed on me - luckily I was just moving it around the site at the time not sitting on it!
To be fair I made it - under instruction from Eric Methven at the Bushmoot in 2011
attachment.php

Over the years it has been demoted from stool to sidetable but I was sad to see it go... but it was pretty old for sycamore which goes very brittle with age:)
Triggers broom?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE