Steiner Binoculars

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Steiner Binos are great. Used by US and German armed forces. I have the 8x30 surplus Dienstglas (service glass) and they are superb. Cost me £80 years ago. They have the range finding graticle which you don't really need but they are robust and optically very good.

Trawling ebay, there are quite a few available from German dealers - search for bundeswehr steiner. Often only 25 euros!!

Usual warnings re tax, shipping and buyer beware with used optics, but I thought I'd flag it up.

jayuk

Forager
Feb 24, 2005
UK
I used to work in a camera shop for a number of years which used to buy bulk lots of binoculars/photographic equipment from the MOD.

Most of them were the British army avimo 7*42 armoured self focusing binoculars with the odd pair of Steiner or Hensoldt (the military arm of zeiss) binoculars. The steiner ones were always very popular and flew off the shelves.

If you do buy optics off ebay it is best to double check with the seller that they are fungus free and are in proper alignment as many of the ones I came across had these problems.

Roving Rich

Oct 13, 2003
Nr Reading
Which camera shop did you work for Jay ? I work for a photographic wholesaler, so have dealt with about every camera shop in the UK - We also happen to be the UK distributor for Steiner :cool:

Cheers
Rich

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE