Stalking The Elusive Wapiti

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
Went out for a little walk the other day, well actually on thursday last
the elk have been out in force here in the foothills mostly due to the extreme cold, high winds and deep snow in the mountains.
my good buddy Ridgewalker was supposed to join me but called at the last minute saying and i quote "i don't hike at thirty below" :shrug:
this from a guy who grew up in the logging buis... :p...maybe i should have stayed home ???...nahhh

the dang camera kept shutting off on me so thats my excuse for the crappy editing job
reckon i should just break down and get a new one

ANY WAY...(apparantly my two favorite words ;D)...it was a beautiful winters day and well worth a little effort...woods

[video=youtube;FG5RQDCMWtc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG5RQDCMWtc[/video]

check out all the elk bedded down all along this drainage

i did manage to sneak up on a few of them critters

stopped to build some coffee in an abandoned cat hole

Thanks fer Lookin...woods

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Awesome video, Woods! I could hear the adrenaline in your breathing when you stalked close upon those three cows. No matter how many times you have done it it still triggers the 'adrenaline dump', great stuff friend! I hope to get to Montana before my feet go completely 'teats up'! I've done a couple of predator hunts into Wyoming and have Montana on the bucket list, maybe one day.

Again, awesome footage of your outing!

Last edited:

woodsrunner

Forager
May 13, 2013
Montana USA
Awesome video, Woods! I could hear the adrenaline in your breathing when you stalked close upon those three cows. No matter how many times you have done it it still triggers the 'adrenaline dump', great stuff friend! I hope to get to Montana before my feet go completely 'teats up'! I've done a couple of predator hunts into Wyoming and have Montana on the bucket list, maybe one day.

Again, awesome footage of your outing!
Thanks Gordy...if ya get back this way look me up!...woods

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE