Stainless steel mess kit

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Hi all
Just a snippet of info, any one fancys or likes to use stainless steel plates or mini woks for cooking in, in ASDA in their cooking section they do oval stainless steel rice plates for about £1.50 and little balti dishes which would make a good little mini wok/cooking pot for about £1.90 cheap as chips, i like to use stainless as you can scrub them with a grass root scourer wash em off with any water and sterilize them in the embers of your fire, any one else seen (or use) anything useful and cheap (or free) lately? Martin had a good un at the W/G it was an old empty ear dropper bottle which he carried his washing up liquid in, oh heres another i mentioned in another thread beer bottle top as the socket for your bow drill set bearing block :naughty: :wink:

MartiniDave

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 29, 2003
Cambridgeshire
I managed to pick up 2 of the US army versions of the crusader mug, in stainless steel, for £2.95 each at a surplus type shop in Brixham. If he'd had more I think I would have bought more. I use one all the time now, much to my wife's annoyance!

Dave

billycan

Forager
Jan 21, 2006
Sussex
Just to add to your snippet of info, although a little late, i went to the pet shop the other day and bought two stainless steel animal bowls, one was ideal as a plate with a diamter of about 25cms with sides about an inch high, the other was perfect for a bowl, about 12cm in diameter and 5cm deep.
In total cost me a fiver, not bad for two indestructible, rust proof, heat proof and hygienic easy clean food containers.
The little bowl sits halfway in my 12cm zebra can and the lid fits snugly on top, i though i might buy another, drill some holes in it and make a perfect steamer tray, to save destroying the one provided with the billycan.

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Another which I have probably mentioned before is the Sharwoods Curry powder tubes. The black ones with the screw on lid. So many uses from holding curry to passable PSK.

James

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE