Stags Breath at John Lewis. Heads Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I was thinking rather than the apple how about some good onion chutney?

Why not split the difference and try two year aged bramley apple chutney made with muscavado sugar, homemade red wine vinegar, organic home grown onions and bramleys, and a few other bits?

Great with a good sharp cheese :D

Going to have to try some honey / whisky blending though. I like Toddys recipe but Im thinking lavender or clover flowers might be interesting.......

Red

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
I have just found a present waiting for me when I got home :D

Many thanks Red, I've never tasted chutney like this, it is sublime and Nat passes her compliments on. She loves it despite not being a big chutney love and says she feels the need to go out and buy some crusty bread. She'll scoff the lot if I'm not careful!

We've just had a nip of the brandy and by 'eck that warms the cockles, it's delicious.

Nat says if you start doing wildfruit vodka then you have to adopt her too :lmao:

Thanks again Red. I hope to return your generosity some day.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glad you liked it Matt :)

Wildfruit vodka? Its not very wild but I suspect she might enjoy my raspberry vodka. It takes 2lbs of raspberries to make a bottle so only gets made in a glut year - I serve it just above freezing it homemade glasses made of solid ice with mint leaves trapped in the ice. It tastes of almost nothing when you serve it then as it warms in your mouth the raspberry flavour fills your mouth. Weird but I like it.

Red

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
You better save me some of that Matt! I mean it!

:D

:D [munch] I'll try Spam [gulp] I'll try :D

:lmao:

Guess what I've got Matt?:nana:

Many thanks to Red for the package, I didn't have a clue what it could be at first! The jerky will be opened soon, the brandy will be tried tonight and the chutney is also gonna get munched very soon! The missus loves the little jar, she thinks it is really cute! She asks if you could tell where you got the jars from please Red?

And I also had a nice conversation with Topknot on the 'phone earlier, it seems that some leatherwork he kindly did for me is ready to post in less than a week since he got my knife, that guy works fast! So another parcel to look forward to later on next week! Yaaaayyyyy!:D

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Glad it got there Spam - err Robert Dyas for the baby Kilners I think - was buying a load for preserves and saw the diddy ones and foind them useful for dried herbs, crushed dried chillies and the like

Red

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Not being much of a drinker myself, except the odd tipple in the wintertime, I'd not heard of this stuff before, but am intrigued, and willing to give it a bash.Trouble is i've tried my local Waitrose but to no avail, and the nearest John Lewis is in Milton Bloody Keynes :eek: I'm on the Drambuie at the moment and this certainly warms the cockles, with similar contents to the SB. But how does it compare?

Noticed that this was put on the Resource Forum, like its essential :D

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
It certainly is good stuff, not really sure how it compares with Drambuie, never tryed it before, the thing is with Stags Breath is its so nice you could very easily sink a bottle. Not sure how well you would walk afterwards though

Simon.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It certainly is good stuff, not really sure how it compares with Drambuie, never tryed it before, the thing is with Stags Breath is its so nice you could very easily sink a bottle. Not sure how well you would walk afterwards though

Simon.

Well, I can sort of answer that Simon! In the interests of science, I drank 3/4 of a bottle at Delamere! You don't feel drunk, but by God does it make you stagger about a bit! Next morning, you feel like your head has been used for a basketball, the world looks a bit fuzzy round the edges and you get horrendous monkey breath! I think moderation is the key, but it is just so damned nice!

May 13, 2007
NORTHANTS
Was asking at work yesterday if any of the lads had heard of Stags Breath, one of the lads misheard me and thought I'd said Slags Breath :lmao: much hilarity!! well you had to be there really :rolleyes:

Apologies to lady viewers :eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE