Stacked leather rasp knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

juttle

Nomad
Feb 27, 2012
Devon
SPF

Another rasp knife, this time with a stacked leather handle. Overall length 245mm, blade 135mm, cutting edge 125mm.

Something strange happened to the leather with this one, I can only assume that it's something that got on the leather during the taning process, or packing, or transport, or, whatever, but the layers on the handle came up a bit blotchy. (Is that a word?) Anyway, there's two choices, I can either strip the thing and start again, but knowing how it was put together I didn't relish that prospect, or pass it on to somebody as a cheap user to be beaten up and generally abused!

Obviously, I chose the latter! (The pictures aren't the best, I've had to borrow a camera as mine died)

Here it is:

l3.jpg

l4.jpg

l5.jpg

l6.jpg

l7.jpg

The bolster and cap are both ramshorm.

l8.jpg

l1.jpg

As you can see, the leather has some strange staining or something showing through.

l2.jpg

It does have a satisfying 'click' as it slips in its sheath, which is nice, and possibly the only thing to commend it!

As usual, over 18's only please.

So, how much for a cheapy? How about £50.00 delivered.

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
She's mine if you can wait 'till Tues. for payment? A knife with character! ..............atb mac

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I like that.

If you use stacked leather grips enough they end up going dark all over anyway.
Or at least that's what's happened with the two leather washer grip 20 ounce Estwing hammers that I've had/still got.
Admittedly I sand off the nasty factory finish varnish that's on them when new but that's it.

If in a few years time its still as visible it just shows you don't use it much.

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
New kit is always a buzz - but this one really speaks to me for some reason, and it's best not to ignore that feeling! atb mac

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Knife arrived just now and is exactly what I hoped it'd be - over the moon with it - that'll be my user from today on; sits real sweet both in the hand and on the eye! Thanks muchly, mac

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE