Squashed slug

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It’s a weird question I know, but….. :eek:):

Has anyone squashed a slug onto bear skin? I’ve done it on my shin :roll: a big 4” one and what a mess it made. Then I got some water to wash it off with and that just made it all worse, it became even more glue like…..:yuck:

So, anyone had an experience like that and has anyone got an idea of how to clean skin if you get crushed slug on it?

PS
I scraped it off in the end….with some of my hair… :eek:\\:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Yeugh :)
Bicarbonate of soda.....lemon juice....both work on my clothes and hands if I've gotten squashed slug in the garden..... must be more than these surely though.
Toddy

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
hi tony with working outdoors it happens to me often my way off getting it off seems to work i crab a hand full of soil and rub it in the grit in the soil acts like a scourer and the soil sooks up the mush then just wash of the soil and its gone :wave:

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thanks guys :biggthump When I'm working and I get something crushed on me I use the dirt method, don't know why I didn't think about it really :roll: Maybe because I was on my way into my sleeping bag!

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
So ya got "snotted" eh Tone :biggthump It's grim getting it off but lemon juice, vinegar or swarfega is a good bet as is a little washing powder mixed with a little washing up liquid in the palm of your hand :super:

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
If you get a squashed slug on your skin clean it:

a) Thouroughly

b) Use soil, sawdust etc to absorb the mucus

PS: the mention of it going like glue suggests a bushcraft use for them, Is that's why God in his wisdom put them on the planet ???

:naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE