Spyderco Military review.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jan 12, 2009
Northern Alberta
Hey guys,

Well, I figured being new here I would show you guys what im about, I love knives and obviously everything out doors. I have been collecting for a little while now, and dont have any spectacular, but knives I fell will benifit me the most, as well as gear and other tools of the trade.

So, first off I will go over the spyderco military, specificly with Digital camo G10 handled one.

I bought this knife from on of the only good sites in canada, Jay the owen of warriors and wonders in BC, and without trying to sound like a sales men, I really recommend him to any fellow candians looking for a good site.

So, first here are a few shots of the knife with a few other favorites.
P1080001-1.jpg

P1080059.jpg

P1080065.jpg

So, I usually do alot of stuff over on bladeforums, and have been a regular there for about three years. I mostly do some pretty mundane things with my knives, no more than they should be used for, and in this case tonight thats all I really did. Also I had pushed out a young girl from the ditch the other night, so I really wasn't up for much more.:D

Anyway, I took out the RAT RC6, chopped up the old christmas tree, and then proceeded to make some fuzzin's for the fire.
P1080078.jpg

P1080080.jpg

P1080081.jpg

P1080090.jpg

And a few shots of the fire.
P1080092.jpg

P1080095.jpg

I was very impressed with the knife overall. When I first recived it, I was sold on the G10 handles, it brought me back to the first time I handled a FRN handles spyderco endura, I was pleased to say the least. But, as the testing when on, and now after a few days of use (making samwhichs, cutting up various veggies and normal uses for an EDC knife) it has proven its self in my eyes.
After a few months worth of work I will be able to tell just how well its holds up, It came with and ok edge, but it wasn't shaving. So after I sharpend it and used it for the last few days, it still has its shaving edge. I usually touch up after each use anyway, but I forced my self not to, and I've been impressed with the CPM S30V its using for blade steel. The lock-up has been solid, and no unforseen closers have happend, also, as the G10 gets "Broken in" it has been incrasingly more comfy, so Im happy.

So, in the end I pay $140 canadian, got some digi camod G10 handles, CPM S30V and a great knife, im satisfied. Also, the knife carries a $219 MSRP from Spyderco's site, so I hit a good deal I think.

Thanks for reading guys, have a good one.

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Hello Fonly,

I reckon that the RAT looks to be a bit of a beast! (o:

Nice finish on the blade too.

The Spyderco looks very purposeful and neat.

Great photo's, thanks for sharing.

Regards,

helixpteron.

sargey

Mod
Mod
Member of Bushcraft UK Academy
Sep 11, 2003
cheltenham, glos
the military is great. i keep on coming back to mine,beena constant companion for the last five years at least.

more info req'd on the RC6! i have the ontario rat 7.

cheers, and.

76bts

wish that g10 digi was available in the UK - have my eye on a military at the moment but only available with black g10

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE