Spring has arrived in Poundland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
Spring has arrived in the local Poundland, some of the camping gear is back in stock yay!

Emergency whistle plus keyfob with thermometer (has handy wind-chill chart on back) and micro button compass a teeny 14mm in diameter.
Three legged nylon/canvas camp stools (orange :( ) with metal legs, but hey there's always a bin in town for bits you don't want.
More tinware than a chuck wagon with mugs,bowls and plates a plenty. Sadly still no sign of last years folding saws returning, we live in hope lol

There's probably some other goodies hidden amidst the clutter but SWMBO dragged me away kicking and screaming towards the horror that is Tesco on a Friday.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
Talking of Poundland someone was asking about Stanley knife blades on here not so long back....Poundland are doing 20 blades in two separate holders that are nearly worth £1 themselves, very handy just to drop one of the holders in a pocket either of the jacket or bag, I even have one in the FAK.

D.B.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See those wee three legged stools ? If they are the ones with the thick ring that drops over the point where the three legs are joined, they are excellent if you make a leather seat for them :)

They had hex stoves last year too :) and their little folding trowels are awfully useful :D

M

Bishop

Jan 25, 2014
Pencader
thermo-fob.jpg

Just getting my stuff ready for a bimble tomorrow and found one in my bag she must of doubled back and got me one when I wasn't looking

Big G

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 3, 2015
Cleveland UK
Aye ya can find some little gems in the pound shops from time to time.

I picked up a selfie stick from one last year.. Decent quality for a quid.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
I went in on Saturday to take advantage of the 2 for 1 deal on the flavoured sachets of cappuccino (ginger, hazelnut, whisky and irish cream flavours) 24 individual sachets for the £1 quite handy as a bit of a change from the normal coffee or chocolate drinks I normally carry in my brew kit. I also got a bronze-tea-light-lantern from the gardening/camping area definitely not the most robust thing for carrying but I have it alight on the table next to me at the moment and am quite impressed, the whole thing stays very cool to the touch apart from directly above the little chimney and certainly very stable. They also have some citronella t-lights (15 in a pack) though I have no idea how good they will be.

D.B.

Nomad64

Nov 21, 2015
UK
Spring has arrived in the local Poundland, some of the camping gear is back in stock yay!

…

Three legged nylon/canvas camp stools (orange :( ) with metal legs, but hey there's always a bin in town for bits you don't want.

See those wee three legged stools ? If they are the ones with the thick ring that drops over the point where the three legs are joined, they are excellent if you make a leather seat for them :)

Thanks for the heads up on this one, just back from my local £land with one of those little stools - with a discrete grey seat.

The stool is very low but actually more comfy than the pukka three legged stool I bought a few years ago which is much higher and always feels like I'm riding a unicycle. Three tennis balls (salvaged from the hedge by the local tennis club) on the feet should stop it from sinking any lower in the mud. :)

Also splashed out on some bright yellow guy lines for my tarp so I don't trip over them when I don't want to be in stealth mode.

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE