Sports Direct fire steel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

munster

Jan 2, 2011
North Somerset
Hi
I'm sure you already know but at my local Sports direct yesterday I found a fire steel at £3 instead of £10.
In fact all the craghopper trousers and Karrimor kit was reduced even more than normal.
It's my 1st proper post so hope it helps.
Munster

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Cheers for the heads up Munster

They're selling the Bear Grylls survivor trousers for half price on their website too :)

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Thanks! never knew this company sold outdoor stuff.
I will be picking one of these up, for £3 can't go wrong really!
Was hoping for a fireflash but this will do fine for now.
I was looking on their website and they have some real good stuff quite cheap so i hope they carry this kinda gear instrore :)

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
I'm passing one of their stores on Tuesday, I'll take a look.

shortymcsteve
: Sports Direct own Field and Trek and they have put a Field and Trek section in some of their larger stores. Some other stores have a handful of outdoor bits and bobs.

munster

Jan 2, 2011
North Somerset
Yes it was in the Field and Trek section! Quite a lot of bargains. Karrimor copies of the "Sigg metal bottle" for £3.99 etc
If any one wants one I can go and buy the few steels they had left and post them on.
It would have to be 1st come 1st served though.
Let me know and I'll see what I can do.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
I'm passing one of their stores on Tuesday, I'll take a look.

shortymcsteve
: Sports Direct own Field and Trek and they have put a Field and Trek section in some of their larger stores. Some other stores have a handful of outdoor bits and bobs.

Yeah i found this out when i googled something they were selling and found the Field and Trek website and it looked the exact same with all the same items.
I shall be going into Glasgow tomorrow and im sure they have a few stores there so il see what they have, hopefully they carry some good stuff. Also going to see what i can get from other outdoor stores.
Anyone know of anyone else having a good sale? I noticed TKmaxx selling self inflating role mats on christmas eve but i forgot all about them till now.. they did look a bother to carry tho. I think they were around £12 and cannot remember the brand.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Just to let you guys know i got a fire steel today in the Hamilton store (my local store) i was about to leave after looking around but could not find their outdoor products until i seen some stuff hidden away near the counter. The store wasn't very big ether so they must carry this stuff in most stores.
There was 2 so me and my friend got one each and there was a few other items about that might be useful to some people.

The fire steel its self was originally £10 and then down to £5 and now selling at £3. The brand is Karrimor (not sure if it said on their website).
I can't really compare it to anything else because ive never owned one before to be honest.
First impressions were that it was bigger than i expected and the flint its self seem to be fine and secure enough into the handle. The steel its self was a little rusty!! my friends however was in perfect condition so not sure how that happened.
When i took it out the box first thing that happened was that the little plastic part that hold the two ends of the cord together came off right away and this also happened to my friend so that part seems pretty rubbish.
The product its self seems to work fine and i think its good for £3. I can't properly rate it tho is ive not had a chance to give it a real field test but this is my first impression.

scottishwolf

Settler
Oct 22, 2006
Ayr
For £3 they're ok and all they need is a wee bit of superglue to hold the handle on a wee bit more secure than it is. Even so, make a nice wooden one and re handle it yourself

Davie

Chambers

Settler
Jan 1, 2010
Darlington
Bought one of these yesterday just because of the fact that they are so cheap. Seems to work well. I havent had any issues with it but will probs pull the handle off and re-do it myself

tim_n

Feb 8, 2010
Essex
I noticed TKmaxx selling self inflating role mats on christmas eve but i forgot all about them till now.. they did look a bother to carry tho. I think they were around £12 and cannot remember the brand.

Bit OTT but a nearby camping shop in Essex (canvey island) is selling 3/4 vango roll matts for £10. Got a lot of deals on but there's nothing I need anymore :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE