Spoon Finally Finished

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
I have finally completed my spoon. It has only take a year or so, well all good things I suppose. It was carved from a forked branch of sycamore that looked like there might be a spoon shape in there (the 80ft beast in the garden). I only used my saw, axe, and trusty knife to carve away the exterior (the bowl was a bit tricky) and then lots of grades of sand paper, with a good lick of olive oil to produce the finish. To say I produced a horrific looking square fish in my school woodwork days, I think I have done rather well..

The spoon is rather large as I modelled it on a large serving spoon, so I will use this one as such.

DSC00891.jpg

DSC00892.jpg

DSC00893.jpg

DSC00896.jpg

Hopefully my next project will be a bowl/board or fork and hopefully should not take as long (famous last words!!).....

lardbloke

Nomad
Jul 1, 2005
Torphichen, Scotland
Thanks,

One of the ironic things about this project was I didnt manage to cut myself once from start to finish using all the nasty tools, but managed to sand away the tops of two nails completely and recieved two nasty paper cuts from the sandpaper!!

All good fun I suppose....

g4ghb

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
lardbloke said:
Thanks,

One of the ironic things about this project was I didnt manage to cut myself once from start to finish using all the nasty tools, but managed to sand away the tops of two nails completely and recieved two nasty paper cuts from the sandpaper!!

:lmao: (sorry - but i sympothise - really i do but you have to laugh!)

btw - it really looks great! - perhaps I should take a little longer over mine in future........... :rolleyes:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE